Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bird poop

bird poop

is bird poop bad for the paint on ur car??? some of my friends say that it is acidic and can strip paint!

HELL ya.The the best way 2 remove it is wet it with water.Let it soften(5-15 min),then hose off.If u don't .Don't b suprised to c a small spot that looks like CRACKED antiqued china.

Bird poop 101

Bird poop contains acidic properties than will eat into your clearcoat and paint if you do not treat it properly. You'll notice that sometimes after you wipe off the dropping there is still a circle on your paint, that's the acid residue!

You'll need to neutralize the dropping with a base, remember high school Chemistry? Meguiars Quik-Detailer Mist & Wipe is a base, just spray this stuff on the dropping, wipe and spray again to clean up the residue. Quik-Detailer smells great too!

Quote Originally Posted by NuG
    Quik-Detailer smells great too!
    heeheh, dont get high off it.

I'm so glad I paid that rip off price of 5 bills to detail my car with that "Touch of Class" thing. Bird dropping or tree sap doesn't hurt my coat for 3 more yrs. If it does, Honda will redo my body for free.

What "Touch of Class" thing? Is that the Dealer option for the paint b/c my Dealer threw that in but my clear coat is hazey. I'll have to bring it in and show them.

And I dont think you can get "high" off of it, I tried :winkm:

yah, the "Touch of Class" thing is an option when u buy the car. They said whenever your car isnt shiny or bird poop/tree sap gets on the car and wont come off, they'll make that all go away for free within coverage time

Read this in consumer reports:Pour Selzter water on it .Let it foam,then wipe.

when birdcrap hits the car, you have 1hr to remove it before it starts to cause problems.

here is what I do

Take a can/bottle of clubsoda or as mentioned above selzter water and drench the area let it sit for 30 seconds.

next, take a hose and try to spray it off, for the residue that don't come off, use a soft terry cloth and wash it with a mix of car soap and water

then use a remaining claybar to srubb off acidic properties that could be etched into the paint, some can see, some won't

then quick detail that bitch and slap a coat of carnuba wax over the area and call it a day

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by NuG
    And I dont think you can get "high" off of it, I tried :winkm:
    LOL :D

this is tru ... i left the bird poop on for a day ... and now i see a faint print on it after i removed it! :sadm:

Chinaboy: Though I agree with the methods you mentioned, what if you are at work and you see poop on your car? Or you are at the mall, I dont think you could bust out the hose like that. I keep quik detailer in the car so I can clean my car at all times.

Does anyone get those yellow dots on their cars too? I'm thinking it is bird pee, that stuff is annoying too.

I'm thinking about keeping some clubsoda in the car now with some paper towels hehe.

Imagine all the fun we can have with club soda ,towels & ur gurlfriend. :tongue:

Like I said earlier:
    HELL ya.The the best way 2 remove it is wet it with water.Let it soften(5-15 min),then hose off.
    Except now 1 can use selzter water or club soda too.Instead of the hose whip out ur hose & pee it off. :shockm: Just kiddin . :D :D Get a cup of (perferably large) water & slowly wash it off.

Don't think my gf would go for that but thanks for the thought ;)

haha keep a bottle of clubsoda for emergencies.

i always keep a window cleaning agent, bug & tar remover, & terrycloth in my car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information