Close

SiCivic2k2

I guess Tirerack.com likes our car

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/index.jsp

I like those rims. I think those are the SSR Competition with the machined lip right? $375 a piece for 17's!!! Sure do look nice though. I might get those. Can someone photochop those on a my silver EP with a drop? Looks like it'll be about $2,000 after tires. Ouch!! What do you guys think?

SSR Comps are very nice, lightweight too. Also, the choice of SSR's CTR.

ephatch member
    Yes and they cost an arm and a leg. Not worth it, too much money and they can bend very easily.

ephatch member
    looks like they do like our cars;)

ColinCivicSiR
    The SSR's at tirerack are the expensive ones with the machined lip..............check this sight out for the real JDM SSR comps

http://www.corzotire.com/index.html

Forget it...........i looked closely..........they are nock offs called SSP.............please disregard.

Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
    Yes and they cost an arm and a leg. Not worth it, too much money and they can bend very easily.
    Hmm, this is kinda like saying spoons or volks aren't worth it. Any wheel will bend if you hit the right pothole.

Cool, I got my first set of wheels from tirerack and wanted those exact wheels but the price for them was way over my budget (SSR Comps are sweet looking). :)

ephatch member
    Originally posted by jaydub

Hmm, this is kinda like saying spoons or volks aren't worth it. Any wheel will bend if you hit the right pothole.
    True but this is more likely to happen to a SSR wheel with out having to hit it in the right spot. I tell you for experience, I've had two sets of SSRs, and they've bent with out haven been hit on the so call "right spot". And there are other people that used them for racing and they droped them because they're too flimsy. While Volks are forged like SSR, my understanding is that they can with stand an impact more than the SSR.

ssvr6
    That might be true, it may also be why SSR's are lighter than the Volks. But damn, the SSR Comps looks sweet!

Steve

ephatch member
    Very light, I think my SSR competition were at 16lbs for the 18s.

Hey btw guys just a pointer........... the more expensive a "tuners" wheel cost the stronger it isn't more like the lighter it is. I have spent an arm and leg on rims in the past only buying rh's because they are the only balance between amazing strength and weight. If you want strong wheels go buy american racing wheels........ boy those look hot :p

Thread Information