Close

Thread: Autolock

Lightbulb Autolock

ok..i got a question....i just bought an autolock for $65 and it doesnt lock over my clutch cuz there is a bump on the floor...and now i have to lock it on to the brake but whats the use wen they can drive wit the e-brake?? is tehre a technique i should kno (my ep is 04 model)

i use one for my 02 and it fits fine. i kind of have a bump on my floorboard as well. just change the angle a little until u find one that works.

Quote Originally Posted by dankdogg
    i use one for my 02 and it fits fine. i kind of have a bump on my floorboard as well. just change the angle a little until u find one that works.
    wanna take a pic of how u club your clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by raiyo
    wanna take a pic of how u club your clutch?
    yea that would help so much, but i tried a couple and like it wont budge...cuz if i left it on the brake, they can drive wit e-brake

Talking

Alright, this is how I do it... I've been using my autolock in my car(s) since 2000 so mine is a little beat up... but here we go:

Lay that bitch on the floor, with the __|__ Like that (as shown):

Lift the end pointing towards ur nutz up and rotate the autolock clockwise 90 degrees

fit it up snug above the pedal, rotate it back counterclockwise 90 degrees. note the shaft should run parallel to the bottom of the steering column panel (about an inch or less)

pull the handle up as far as u can

make sure there is little to no play... also note how scratched up that little mound is.. haha fuck that thing

Well I hope I helped! I pulled this off in less than 20 mins so if there are any questions I'd be glad to help!

Peace

i club on my brake pedal as well, but I club it on the left side, not the right.

yeah i find it too difficult and time consuming to mount it properly on the clutch, so the brake has to work... even when u get it on there its only on by like a notch, and moves all over the place... much easier on the brake

But if it is on the brake, you can still start the car and drive it. So what is the point? You can engine break or break with the ebrake.

Its kinda like all those fools with the club for their steering wheel. 9 times out of 10 people put it on wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by EnJaNir
    But if it is on the brake, you can still start the car and drive it. So what is the point? You can engine break or break with the ebrake.

Its kinda like all those fools with the club for their steering wheel. 9 times out of 10 people put it on wrong.
    yea that is true and seriously anyone can just take ur car, its not even hard to drive with the ebrake...(i too club on the left)

I think it will work on the clutch pedal too...
    dose it attch to the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by EnJaNir

main purpose of a club is to slow em down anywayz.

Quote Originally Posted by PaXiE
    I think it will work on the clutch pedal too...
    dose it attch to the steering wheel.
    the autolock doesnt attach to the steering wheel.

"Championship White" onEswEEtEp3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dankdogg
    that's weird , mines works on the clutch as well., also. first time I put one on, I had no problems what so ever and pull up to 6 - 7 clicks to lock. I'll post pics soon to show how I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by onEswEEtEp3
    that's weird , mines works on the clutch as well., also. first time I put one on, I had no problems what so ever and pull up to 6 - 7 clicks to lock. I'll post pics soon to show how I use it.
    i have been usuing it on the clutch ever since i got my car, fits snug and doesnt move at all... not sure how everyone else is having trouble but if there is no pic posted by the time i get home from work ill get one for ya. :winkm:

Thread Information