Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue03Si View Post
    Re-reading this thread makes me want to build an engine. I just don't know where to begin. I like the idea of a K24a4 stroked with a z3 head... Any thoughts?
    The 102 or 103mm stroked out k24's making k25~26's are pretty nice, and put down some major power.
    If you don't go stroked out, I wouldn't use the k24a4 bottom. The piston have been known to not clear the extra valve lift of the 3 lobe vtec heads.

But putting a z3 or a2 head on a k24 is common practice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadphishy View Post
    The 102 or 103mm stroked out k24's making k25~26's are pretty nice, and put down some major power.
    If you don't go stroked out, I wouldn't use the k24a4 bottom. The piston have been known to not clear the extra valve lift of the 3 lobe vtec heads.

But putting a z3 or a2 head on a k24 is common practice now.
    I think if i got a k24a4 w/o going the stroking route then i'd just cam it and boost it the hell out of it. I'm really liking the idea of stroking one though. Just need to figure out the little details... Like what would the redline be, what CR would be good for NA, or if i wanted to supercharge it or stay N/A..... there are just so many choices.

I think if i got a k24a4 w/o going the stroking route then i'd just cam it and boost it the hell out of it. I'm really liking the idea of stroking one though. Just need to figure out the little details... Like what would the redline be, what CR would be good for NA, or if i wanted to supercharge it or stay N/A..... there are just so many choices.
    If you are doing anything "Built" or stroked. Just get an ERL short block. Good bang for the buck.

Yes, You have to have a goal and direct in mind before you start spending money.

As for the k24a4, they do have some thin rods, so i wouldn't make to much power on a stock bottom. If your going to build Compression for NA anything 12 and over is good. Over 12.5 and you will be reaching the limits of pump gas. Supercharger i would do around 10:1 compression. Turbo depending on how much power you want to make, 8~10:1 compression. Nitrous i would do between 10-12:1

Those are my thoughts, which are only slightly educated guesses.

My head hurts from reading - hows this build coming along?

jesus..hell of an engine build from 2008 till now and you still havent put the motor in? i'd be going crazy to get that bad boy in
    be jealous :P

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    jesus..hell of an engine build from 2008 till now and you still havent put the motor in? i'd be going crazy to get that bad boy in
    now me re-reading this thread, i just realized this motor build isn't even in his ep yet! baha wow

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    mad men take their time to plan...ive been building my race car since 04, and its just a rolling shell with a cage in it that still needs chassis work...sometimes it takes a while
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

this thread has some great info in it! cant wait n see what happens

This engine was sold and lives in a RSX now, Sold the EP3 a few months ago.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

I was going to say something about it car, but i didn't know if you kept the motor to put in something else.

Did the new owner of the big block get it up on a dyno to see what it was putting out?

Did the new owner of the big block get it up on a dyno to see what it was putting out?
    This!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information