Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    would there be any problems with putting a base rsx a3 into my ep3? i read that the intake manifolds are different, but besides that is there anything that could possibly stop the replacement?

I figured this was the best place to put it.

there should not be a problem with you doing that.

just keep the 5-speed ;-)
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

lol thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhatch03 View Post
    there should not be a problem with you doing that.

just keep the 5-speed ;-)
    Does electric vs hydraulic power steering not create a problem?

hmm...

probably. why are they hydraulic?
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

please help

hi am sorry am sure who am i excatly talking to but i have a question about my 05 EP3 if i dont have money for a swap so is there anyway i can change the head because the K20A3 is not that good but can i get an RSX type S head and put it on my block cause u know the A3 is a DOHC but thetimeing chain is only runing on only a single cam so is there any waay with is motor thank you

Quote Originally Posted by koftaboy View Post
    hi am sorry am sure who am i excatly talking to but i have a question about my 05 EP3 if i dont have money for a swap so is there anyway i can change the head because the K20A3 is not that good but can i get an RSX type S head and put it on my block cause u know the A3 is a DOHC but thetimeing chain is only runing on only a single cam so is there any waay with is motor thank you

You can put a A2 head on a A3 block but you won't net the same hp as a complete A2 engine. Save your money get a complete engine not just the top half.

thank you soo much, but its not that easy like how your saying it you know!!! ita not easy to sell everthing that fast or its gona take a long time youknow plus i looked for like 2 month i found the K20A R no less then 5,500 without anything just the the whole swap if u can tell me where i can find it that cheap the way your saying then please please help me but i just wanted to make something out of the A3 you know kpro a2 or A1 head some bolt on you know i seriously in anyway you think i can do 250HP to the wheel or more but no swap or do i have to get a swap no chance am sooo sorry i talk to much but i just want help and its seems like every one hates A3's thankx again

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by koftaboy View Post
    thank you soo much, but its not that easy like how your saying it you know!!! ita not easy to sell everthing that fast or its gona take a long time youknow plus i looked for like 2 month i found the K20A R no less then 5,500 without anything just the the whole swap if u can tell me where i can find it that cheap the way your saying then please please help me but i just wanted to make something out of the A3 you know kpro a2 or A1 head some bolt on you know i seriously in anyway you think i can do 250HP to the wheel or more but no swap or do i have to get a swap no chance am sooo sorry i talk to much but i just want help and its seems like every one hates A3's thankx again
    He is not saying its cheap. Hes saying not to swap only the head. Save money and buy the full swap. You will not get 250hp from the A3 and you wont get 250hp from the swap either. You either have to turbocharge or save about $7k. Your choice, not his.

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    How much is the a2 engine usually gonna run money wise, I already have the tranny.

So... what I see here is a HP difference of 52 and a Torque difference of 17. Pardon the blasphemous comment but... What makes the K20 so special? How does such a small difference make it so desirable? Is it the compression combined with the high rev limit?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    As cool as that would be, due to the FWD vs AWD issues it's practically impossible.
    that would be nice, oh well

hah wiki is awsome, great find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information