Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Jeri Lee is hot!! supercivician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    I don't have the tools, but I would be up to drive down and help out. I go to Newburgh all the time for business. It's like a 1.5hr dirve for me.

Seriously, save yourself the $1K fee for installation. That's alittle too much. I really do hope you have another car to putts around to go to work and stuff. If you can afford the wait, I think it will be wiser (and good for the wallet) to see what is a good day for like 3 ephatchers to give you a hand. Like jeenyusss said in his DIY stickie... prep is key. If you have the oil pan all set and ready to go it's pretty much like a jigsaw puzzle.

I am planning to do the Revhard kit... just waiting for the wife to let me pull the trigger and purchase. for $4k... gotta have the wife's permission... but this would be a great learning experience for myself for when I do the install with 3 of my buddies.

And just think about this... $500 for the tune from 1320. i don't know if they are any good. But for $600 you can have EvanTuning do it, and you'll know your getting QUALITY. That's $900 in your pocket... you I hear a clutch combo purchase?....
    i hear you...who doesnt want to save money. i just want to get this done and over with. im a little tire of looking at the boxes and turbo sitting in my living room. also i dont think anyone here has a welder or know how to use a welder. i know that 900 can get me clutch and flywheel. or new struts and alarm system that i need really bad. but if that 900 bucks can guaranty me a sucessful installation(it's going to be sucessful because they do it all the time) then i just pay that amount. evantuning is nice but i have a feeling that they going to charge me mis. fee after done tuning. idk

how much power can i look forward to at 10psi?

Quote Originally Posted by playap07 View Post
    hey jeenyuss, what was your hp and tq numbers with your stage one kit?

240-250whp (and thats on the low end imo)

Quote Originally Posted by supercivician View Post
    i hear you...who doesnt want to save money. i just want to get this done and over with. im a little tire of looking at the boxes and turbo sitting in my living room. also i dont think anyone here has a welder or know how to use a welder. i know that 900 can get me clutch and flywheel. or new struts and alarm system that i need really bad. but if that 900 bucks can guaranty me a sucessful installation(it's going to be sucessful because they do it all the time) then i just pay that amount. evantuning is nice but i have a feeling that they going to charge me mis. fee after done tuning. idk
    im sure many ppl here do, i have two! :) And access to about 9 more. if u had the aluminum oil pan and the bung i would have said send it to me and i would have welded her up for ya. are u gonna do the a2 oil pump swap???

how much power can i look forward to at 10psi?
    i'd say around 260-270whp....

with the same kit on 12psi and the gm 3bar map sensor my buddy made 324whp and 280wtq

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    with the same kit on 12psi and the gm 3bar map sensor my buddy made 324whp and 280wtq

where can i get that? would a tune shop provide me one?
    Last edited by supercivician; 04-23-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyckSiR View Post
    im sure many ppl here do, i have two! :) And access to about 9 more. if u had the aluminum oil pan and the bung i would have said send it to me and i would have welded her up for ya. are u gonna do the a2 oil pump swap???

i thought i dont need the a2 oil pump swap

i'd say around 260-270whp....

what is the highest and safest psi that i can run without blowing the engine

i say nothing higher then 10, some people might tell you 12

if the kit only get about 250-270whp then why do people say they are making close to 300whp or even more at 10psi

i thought i dont need the a2 oil pump swap
    u dont, ur valve train would need to be upgraded aswell to go past 7700rpm on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by jeenyusss View Post
    240-250whp (and thats on the low end imo)
    ummmmm still good! i like those numbers!

is his motor stock? is it still living?

its all in the tune bro. find a good tuner and u can make some NICE power. and as far as the gm 3bar map sensor. the shop should be able to get ur a new map sensor. the stock on is only good til 10psi. the only prob. is that once u get tuned on the stock map sensor and wanna switch to the 3bar. u will need a completely new tune. the old tune will be useless.

my buddy is runnin 12psi all day and no problems...again he is makin 324whp and 280wtq....its NICE!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information