Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    use blackies! i dont know if thieves like to steal them

Jeri Lee is hot!! supercivician's Avatar
    this is my other car 2003 civic dx. those fcukers broke the window and tried to steal the cheap sony head unit but they didnt know how to so they just left with the face plate on the passage side floor. they took the cheap cobra radar. my ep was parked right next to my civic dx. im about to move. i wake up every morning afraid something goin to happen.

Last edited by supercivician; 04-20-2008 at 03:03 PM.

if they want it bad enough they will get it lug locks will help but most people now a days have all the keys for them.

Get 5 diffrent types of lugnuts sets, they might still steal them but at least it will take longer to take off the wheels.

stay away from bad neighborhood. and neochros.
    http://www.optionimports.com/kiprr40neoch.html

that kind of crap happened when i lived in LOS ANGELES, but here in AZ no problems. sucks bro i feel you

I had my EP3 busted into a few months ago. Thing is, it was in my apartment's parking lot, I had nothing of value in it (literally a handful of burned CDs that weren't in plain sight). Guess my car just looks like It'd have something worth stealing in it.

What pissed me off is that they "overhanded" whatever they were using to break in (which just tears the glass, doesn't shatter it) and hit the door causing body damage. Then they did it "right" by using a side swing and broke in. Rummaged through everything, didn't find anything and left.

On one hand, I was pissed because that was $200 out of pocket versus $50 (the body damage versus glass repair), on the other I was kinda glad seeing as they went to all the trouble of breaking in and got squat.

I've had my car broken into before (that time they used a slim jim) a year before and they found a stashed (but legal) .380 pistol. That one hurt because it belonged to my father and secondly, I hate the thought of a criminal being out there with a pistol because I was careless enough not to bring it in and relied on hiding it.

To answer your original question though...

Very little will prevent a determined thief. Wheel thieves are especially hard to deter in that they usually come prepared with whatever they need to get your wheels, so whether you have locks, spline lugs, whatever, they're probably ready for it. Case in point, looking at the Accord... you think there were just cinderblocks sitting nearby?

As for alarms... I dunno. I always think about how I react when I hear a car alarm: Jesus, I wish someone would shut that off (not "Oh man, I bet a car is getting broken into"). Pager alarms are a little better, and no offense, but the guys talking about using deadly force...

I'm a CHL carrier. I have a .45 ACP that I carry with me whenever legally allowed. Even if I had a pager alarm, I dunno that I'd risk my life for someone breaking into my car, or kill someone for breaking into my car. Just seems... I dunno, kinda dumb. In Texas, it's totally legal, but legal and right aren't always the same thing.

I figure I got insurance for a reason. I carry the .45 not to protect property, but to protect life, so if they feel like breaking into my car, paying a $200 deductible is not worth killing someone or getting killed.

Now, if they're coming into my house... different story altogether.

autopage alarm just for a piece of mind. and survalance cameras if possible. hatters beware of the bat to the dome

the thing i would do is keep my car in plain sight were a ton of people walk by and at night keep it next to my window so i can hear my alarm. I had a 94 civic almost broken into and i used this tactic and it worked i rolled over in my sleep in a split second and just caught the bastard before the caward started running away i f**ken yelled at the bastard i quote " YOU MOTHER F**KER" i swear that guy could run. If i would have caugt him, i dont no about everyone else but i hate those people and when my blood pumps that fast i can do things i dont even imagine and no i wouldnt kill the bastard but i would give him or them a good ass kicking and i can almost promise you they wont be back. As for my 94 coupe never been messed with since then.

But yeah theaves suck they almost got my bros ep back home, he was at work and decided to park in a non lit area and it was behind a building. when he got home he realised he had new scratches by his window and plastic he was soo pissed off and so was I. he even has a pager alarm and lock lugs.

As for insurance they suck! the only way i see my full coverage insurance helping me out is when i get pulled over or into an accident. as for my car being stolen i could see any bastard agent finding any way to not pay me for my stolen items.

ps sorry for spelling and gramar errors never really liked english

Quote Originally Posted by Jsoto517 View Post
    As for insurance they suck! the only way i see my full coverage insurance helping me out is when i get pulled over or into an accident. as for my car being stolen i could see any bastard agent finding any way to not pay me for my stolen items.
    Yeah, you're right about that. My agent even told me when they fixed everything that it was good that nothing was taken because anything not permanently affixed in the car wasn't covered. In other words, if they would have taken a solid gold brick out of the back of the car, I would have been shit out of luck.

My best advice when it comes to preventing theft is this: Don't make it worth their time. That's hard to do with our cars sometimes (as I said, I had nothing visible in my car and they still busted in twice) because they fit the profile of someone who'd have a great sound system or whatever...

In any case, I got zero sympathy for some of the people I've heard having their cars "broken into" or stolen when they made it an easy choice for the bad guy. People who leave laptops on their front seats, GPS units on their dashes, convertible tops down, etc.

I once heard of a guy getting his brand new Mustang GT convertible stolen. Guy left the keys in the ignition, top down, and then is shocked that someone took his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil J View Post
    I had my EP3 busted into a few months ago. Thing is, it was in my apartment's parking lot, I had nothing of value in it (literally a handful of burned CDs that weren't in plain sight). Guess my car just looks like It'd have something worth stealing in it.

What pissed me off is that they "overhanded" whatever they were using to break in (which just tears the glass, doesn't shatter it) and hit the door causing body damage. Then they did it "right" by using a side swing and broke in. Rummaged through everything, didn't find anything and left.

On one hand, I was pissed because that was $200 out of pocket versus $50 (the body damage versus glass repair), on the other I was kinda glad seeing as they went to all the trouble of breaking in and got squat.

I've had my car broken into before (that time they used a slim jim) a year before and they found a stashed (but legal) .380 pistol. That one hurt because it belonged to my father and secondly, I hate the thought of a criminal being out there with a pistol because I was careless enough not to bring it in and relied on hiding it.
    when those fcuker broke into my ep couple years ago...i loss about $1500

500 for deducible and 1000 worth of shrit

Quote Originally Posted by Evil J View Post
    To answer your original question though...

Very little will prevent a determined thief. Wheel thieves are especially hard to deter in that they usually come prepared with whatever they need to get your wheels, so whether you have locks, spline lugs, whatever, they're probably ready for it. Case in point, looking at the Accord... you think there were just cinderblocks sitting nearby?

As for alarms... I dunno. I always think about how I react when I hear a car alarm: Jesus, I wish someone would shut that off (not "Oh man, I bet a car is getting broken into"). Pager alarms are a little better, and no offense, but the guys talking about using deadly force...

I'm a CHL carrier. I have a .45 ACP that I carry with me whenever legally allowed. Even if I had a pager alarm, I dunno that I'd risk my life for someone breaking into my car, or kill someone for breaking into my car. Just seems... I dunno, kinda dumb. In Texas, it's totally legal, but legal and right aren't always the same thing.

I figure I got insurance for a reason. I carry the .45 not to protect property, but to protect life, so if they feel like breaking into my car, paying a $200 deductible is not worth killing someone or getting killed.

Now, if they're coming into my house... different story altogether.
    i hate to sterotype but do a lot of people in texas carry guns with them

i just check the price for a viper 750 2 way alarm system with other accessories came up to be $600 at autoimage. anyone has a better idea or a better deal else where?

Here in SF homeless crackheads walk around with bricks and they look in the car, and if they like anything, maybe just your bottle of water even, they throw the brick through your window and then grab what they want then they move to the next car. It costs them nothing to break into cars and almost no effort. If your water bottle was empty they move to the next car and try to steal that one. If you have a bag in your car or CDs... you are really screwed and they will break in even faster.

Good times.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information