Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnhatch03 View Post
    put an anaconda in your car.
    lol.

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aug View Post
    Proximity and Mercury sensors on a decent alarm. Also go for 2 or 3 different kinds of wheel locks, that's what I used to do on my ep
    Word...Get Viper Alarm w/ pager & tilt,motion and glass sensor....and you would definitely been aware.....and once they see the alarm they might of thought twice before doing it.....

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    IMO, proximity sensors are more of an annoyance than useful. Every system I've seen with prox sensors (granted, I haven't seen a lot) was way too sensitive and would go off in any crowded parking lot. And of course, nobody bothers to investigate a car alarm going off, so unless you're there to check on it, it won't do much against a determined thief...

That's my biggest beef about car alarms... unless you're the one listening for it, no one else cares.

Pager alarms are different, of course, but even then I question "what you're gonna do"... so you know your car is getting busted into... going to run out and scare them off like they're stray dogs?

No thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I hate people who do this shit, but in some cases, I do think about it as being why I have full-coverage insurance on every car.

get a 2way alarm system

just get some NRA stickers and put them on the car. I bet they will think twice.

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil J View Post
    That's my biggest beef about car alarms... unless you're the one listening for it, no one else cares.

Pager alarms are different, of course, but even then I question "what you're gonna do"... so you know your car is getting busted into... going to run out and scare them off like they're stray dogs?

No thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I hate people who do this shit, but in some cases, I do think about it as being why I have full-coverage insurance on every car.
    Pager alarms give you a warning of whats happening if a theif knows somebody is alerted and coming or probably calling the cops cause their scared like you...i dont think they would get away with all that stuff that was missing like the rims...they could probably broke windows but your gonna honestly tell me your gonna honestly not doing if someone is jacking up your car and taking off your wheels you might as well come out and help them take it off then call insurance and report it....

Quote Originally Posted by Breakep3 View Post
    Great tips stanz0r, I have had two head units stolen from me (one with my celica rip, the other from my ep3) and I was starting to get really pissed. My insurance company payed for both but I decided to make it a little more harder to do.

Upon installation of my new headunit I I put razor blades and double sided tape on the back of the cd drive. When they reach their hand back to pull it, it will give him a few good cuts. And when I mean a few, I mean about 12 really deep cuts.

=)
    HAHA.. booby traps FTW! What's your plan for the huge blood stain on your rug afterward? lol

I reccommend getting a different lug nut for each stud.

i've got those lugnuts and i dont know anyone else with those and the key is very unique so its not likely they will have the right key for them.
    and if you get 4 different kinds they will need all 4 keys to get them off.

a 2 way alarm with proximity and tilt sensors is good too.
    that way it goes off unless they jack up all 4 sides in perfect unison.
    and it goes beep beep when your close to it.

seriously what is it whatisthis's Avatar
    i keep a friend close. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL MotoR Ep3 View Post
    Pager alarms give you a warning of whats happening if a theif knows somebody is alerted and coming or probably calling the cops cause their scared like you...i dont think they would get away with all that stuff that was missing like the rims...they could probably broke windows but your gonna honestly tell me your gonna honestly not doing if someone is jacking up your car and taking off your wheels you might as well come out and help them take it off then call insurance and report it....
    Read my posts above. I carry a .45. I'm not "scared" of a thief, but I kinda think dying and/or killing someone over a vehicle burglary is stupid. I also know thieves (on a professional level deal with them on a daily basis) and know that alarms and locks do fuck-all to deter them. Thieves LITERALLY do not care if people know what they're doing or if someone is coming. Most of them are criminals of other varieties, and personally, yeah, I'd rather pay a $150 comprehensive deductible to fix whatever damage they do than get killed or kill someone over it.

My point is this: I carry a deadly weapon legally. I know when I'm allowed to use it. Property is allowed to be protected by deadly force, but having carried it and understanding the responsibility of carrying such, I will "honestly tell you honestly" that I'm not about to go shoot someone over a set of rims, nor will I get shot over them. It's stupid and idiotic, and you're letting emotion get the better of you if you think that's how you're going to act.

Most of this "I'd cap someone for bussin in my car" stuff is bullshit internet bluster, or if you really are willing to kill/die for a fully insured vehicle over principle, I hope that you really don't own a firearm because if you're that emotionally attached to property to kill/die for it... yeah, you don't need to own a firearm.

Last thing I'm going to say on it.

My point is this: I carry a deadly weapon legally. I know when I'm allowed to use it. Property is allowed to be protected by deadly force, but having carried it and understanding the responsibility of carrying such, I will "honestly tell you honestly" that I'm not about to go shoot someone over a set of rims, nor will I get shot over them. It's stupid and idiotic, and you're letting emotion get the better of you if you think that's how you're going to act.

Most of this "I'd cap someone for bussin in my car" stuff is bullshit internet bluster, or if you really are willing to kill/die for a fully insured vehicle over principle, I hope that you really don't own a firearm because if you're that emotionally attached to property to kill/die for it... yeah, you don't need to own a firearm.

Last thing I'm going to say on it.
    May be the last but it was one of the most honest and down to earth posts I have ever read. Well done!

Chad

I did this install on my CRX last year:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2124263

I did the same for my ep3.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    May be the last but it was one of the most honest and down to earth posts I have ever read. Well done!

Chad
    I was a bit annoyed when I wrote that, if not pissed.

Sorry, I never really thought of it myself, but after carrying a lethal weapon, I've come to a greater understanding about the value of life. I've always thought as I carry that I'll never pull it until I have to use it, and I've been in situations while carrying that would have allowed me to "justifiably" pull it out... and didn't because I realized that taking life isn't worth the cost whether it's legal to do or not.

I certainly don't think it's worth it over a car stereo or a set of rims.

This isn't to say I haven't contemplated it... I get what some people are saying, and yeah, you could make a "citizen's arrest" if you had a weapon and the other guy didn't have one/didn't pull his, but if you've ever had to restrain someone or control them waiting for law enforcement (and I have) without any type of restraints... it ain't easy no matter what you have in hand or how tough you are.

But this is all off topic.

There is plenty you can do to "slow down" a criminal, and if it's amateur night, there's some stuff you can do to prevent it... but if they're determined, there's absolutely nothing to stop them from getting your shit, sucks though it does.

My plan is this: I currently live in an apartment, but I have experience putting together surveillance systems, so when I move into my house, I'm going to wire up the exterior. It's more passive than some steps, but if you're looking to get someone caught, there's few better ways. It's not guaranteed, but it's less dangerous than confrontation and more effective than an alarm.

My plan is this: I currently live in an apartment, but I have experience putting together surveillance systems, so when I move into my house, I'm going to wire up the exterior. It's more passive than some steps, but if you're looking to get someone caught, there's few better ways. It's not guaranteed, but it's less dangerous than confrontation and more effective than an alarm.
    I'm not trying to rub your nuts but what you are stating should be taken to heart.

AND not is it only less dangerous than a confrontation but chances are that a thief that dead-set in their ways AKA not "amateur night" is not going to stop their "profession" from a kid pulling a gun on them or a car alarm spooking them off, BUT with video evidence of the crime the chances of catching the thief go up as does the chance of your insurance company taking care of you with kid gloves. Because they know damn good and well that with an apprehension they get another thief off the beat, not simply moving him a couple blocks away where he can do his job. eventually costing them more money than your broken window and an iPod.

Bottom line is that most "cap poppers" have never held a firearm, let alone know what one is capable of, the products of television. I own firearms, I respect firearms and have for LIFE. It's ideas like many have that push legislation into wanting to pass gun laws that impede legitimate owners.

Your frustration while posting that reply was justified but yet not over-bearing.

Chad

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information