Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K24a Swap info.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbychu View Post
    :D

for everyone searching for information:

from my reading and gathering of knowledge around clubrsx.com, k20a.org, ivtec.net, ephatch.com etc etc, There is SOOOO much debate about the RBC.

First of all, I think you have to trim a good portion of the radiator support for RBC to fit in the ep3. 2nd, unless you can utilize the rev range optimization of the RBC, youll see losses in bottom end compared to the RBB manifold

People from both ends of the spectrum have something to say about the RBC. So good luck

The RBC manifold IS the same thing as the k20z3 (FG Si)'s manifold. The Fg head I Believe incorperates the coolant port. but their part number is RRB. therefore RRB=RBC. :D I hope this is all correct. feel free to edit. thanks!
    So what if you are running an RBC with the Z3 head attached to a k24 block? Will the coolant port still have to be welded shut? I have heard that you have to put a coolant diverter in the water jacket to keep from overheating. Anybody??
    I think with most boosted cars the RBC will work fine bc you are forcing the air in and not relying on vacuum.

My friends and I did a k24a2 swap last weekend, heres whats fresh off the top of my head...
    (original thread by: sinistercivicsi) Things to buy:

2004 CRV passenger side mount
    Throttle Body Gaskets
    Exhaust manifold gaskets

www.slhonda.com, or the honda e-store.

Things to swap:
    Ep3 THERMOSTAT/HOUSING and O-Ring GASKET(s)
    EP3 KNOCK SENSOR!!
    Ep3 Alternator
    Ep3 Starter
    etc...

One main trouble on the k24 swaps is overheating due to bubbles in the radiator and hose. To fix this problem (ie: bleed the system) 1)turn heat/ac on full blast
    2) start the car to normal idling temperature.
    3) Jack the front of the car way up (tires off the ground at LEAST)
    4) Open the radiator cap and allow the car to "burp" coolant will gush out of the cap as you open it, but after that it should be okay. At least, it was in my case. CONFIRMED: stock swaybar fits with EP3 header. CONFIRMED: the RBB TSX manifold fits into the Ep3 with about 1"-2" clearance from the Radiator support. But you definitely need the KARCEPTS adapter for it to work with the EP3 throttle Body.
    what is the difference between ep3 knock sensor and k24a2 knock sensors?

i just looking the solution to my problem, put a k24a3 into my 02 ep, i did follow all directions except to change the knock sensors... also i use my ep intake manifold.... my dyno tuner says he is getting a lot of knock from the engine at not much timing, he things and says he is almost sure is my vtc gear that is not respondind for the vtc change over, well thats what the laptop shows, he commands can change to 35 degree or any other number and cams stay lock at 21 degree...

02 ep
    PNF KPRO
    stock harness wiring
    stock k24a2 tsx 2004

PLEASE HEL!!!

The ep3 wire harness will only fit the ep3 knock sensor. As far as knocking, it's either a tuning issue including poor ignition tuning, parameter misconfiguration or something more serious, such as a messed up motor, or vtc mechanisms
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

sorry to revive this (great info by the way)

Has anyone used the RBB manifold along with an AEM V2 cai (Ep3 model) without issues ?

My k24A2 is currently sitting in the garage and just by looking at the manifold and how the A3 throttle body will mount to it with the karcept adapter, I 'm trying to figure out how it will accomodate my current Aem V2 ?

I don't mind modifying the AEM bracket if I have to, but I'm not really willing to cut the V2's tube to take a bit of the angle out of it (mostly due to its dual tube design).

which CAI's have you guys used ?
    Last edited by imthebro; 09-03-2010 at 07:21 PM.

She Will Be missed LOVIN MY EP3's Avatar
    Does a rsx type s have a rbc manifold ?

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVIN MY EP3 View Post
    Does a rsx type s have a rbc manifold ?
    Nope, they come stock with the PRB like us

Quote Originally Posted by tommykair20 View Post
    he things and says he is almost sure is my vtc gear that is not respondind for the vtc change over, well thats what the laptop shows, he commands can change to 35 degree or any other number and cams stay lock at 21 degree...

02 ep
    PNF KPRO
    stock harness wiring
    stock k24a2 tsx 2004

PLEASE HEL!!!
    Your VTC sounds like it is working perfectly, the K24A2 has a different VTC assembly, it is mechanically limited to 25 degrees(21 is within specs).
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

:D

for everyone searching for information:

from my reading and gathering of knowledge around clubrsx.com, k20a.org, ivtec.net, ephatch.com etc etc, There is SOOOO much debate about the RBC.

First of all, I think you have to trim a good portion of the radiator support for RBC to fit in the ep3. 2nd, unless you can utilize the rev range optimization of the RBC, youll see losses in bottom end compared to the RBB manifold

People from both ends of the spectrum have something to say about the RBC. So good luck

The RBC manifold IS the same thing as the k20z3 (FG Si)'s manifold. The Fg head I Believe incorperates the coolant port. but their part number is RRB. therefore RRB=RBC. :D I hope this is all correct. feel free to edit. thanks!
    You have to trim the radiator support in order for the rbc to fit with k24. a good amount too if u ask me. i also have to make a custom CAI because i had a injen cai and it would not work at all.

Dont go hacking the rad support before you have the engine installed, I have seen several K24 swaps that could have gotten away with no cutting of the rad support at all, and only triming of the hood skelton was required.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information