Close

View Poll Results: Do chrome wheels look good on the EP?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 20.16%
  • No

99 79.84%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR176 View Post
    it all depends on the wheel and the color of your Ep.
    ya i agree on that...some chrome dipped super advans i think would look gangster on a ep

ephatch member
    chrome is for classic cars and harley-davidsons.

chrome sucks because it doesnt last. in our shop, we see several cars a week with chrome rims whose tires wont hold air. no punctured tire, just the chrome cracking and peeling around the part of the rim in which the bead of the tire seats, and is supposed to form a seal. when they get to that point, the rims are junk. it doesnt matter how well/often you clean your rims, because you cant clean that part without dismounting the tires. if a polished wheel were to develop a rims leak, it can be fixed by cleaning up the rim with a wire wheel, and remounting the tire. almost all wheels can be serviced in such a manner. chrome, however, will in most cases corrode to the point in which the plating cracks, meaning your tire will leak, and the rim must be replaced or rechromed to fix the leak. besides, polished looks better.

chrome. it varys on the wheel. Motegi and enkei have a few wheels out there that i do enjoy in chrome.

I'm not big on chrome, but it is your car.. so if you like it do it and don't worry about what other people say.

Quote Originally Posted by theinfamous42 View Post
    chrome is for classic cars and harley-davidsons.

chrome sucks because it doesnt last. in our shop, we see several cars a week with chrome rims whose tires wont hold air. no punctured tire, just the chrome cracking and peeling around the part of the rim in which the bead of the tire seats, and is supposed to form a seal. when they get to that point, the rims are junk. it doesnt matter how well/often you clean your rims, because you cant clean that part without dismounting the tires. if a polished wheel were to develop a rims leak, it can be fixed by cleaning up the rim with a wire wheel, and remounting the tire. almost all wheels can be serviced in such a manner. chrome, however, will in most cases corrode to the point in which the plating cracks, meaning your tire will leak, and the rim must be replaced or rechromed to fix the leak. besides, polished looks better.
    thats some really crappy chrome then. Good chrome is deep, dark, and reflects exactly whats around it in a smooth pool of dark reflective shine. This is where chrome is better than polished. I say that as far as looks go, polished is better if you care about track speeds. the extra weight will never effect or be noticed by anyone on the street, I feel confident in saying that. However good chrome will far outlast polished wheels, and it looks better because aluminum is a white metal and nickle is a darker metal, cover the nickle in bright chrome and you still have a dark mirror reflection, whereas with polished you have a very bright white wheel that is too bright. they look very different, chrome is darker and smoother and more reflective.
    if they chrome the rim cheeply, without doing the copper layer and then nickle layer and then chrome layer, and all thickly for durability, then it might flake off, especially if its just chrome they stick on, then it will look like crap and flake off. a good 5 layer chrome job is hard to beat for looks and durability

Here is some impression with Barracuda Wheels chrome....

Never been a fan of chrome on any car, not even a muscle car. I do like polished wheels though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information