Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xjuxtapozx View Post
    how did you get that sandy looking style compared to the smooth out valve we have?
    they make paints that will do that.

oooh, my next project!

sweet maybe i should try

Wow, all that work to have a little red under the hood. You guys are dedicated. If I painted mine I think I would go NHBP.

ohhh thats some cool paint

nice!
    I remember there were a few DIY of this before the crash of 08... some of them didn't require you to use paint stripper. Is that very necesary? I'm about to do mine soon... I just need to find a day where I don't drive my car

Good job on the DIY and on your valve cover. Glad to see it's holding up after all this time. I wasn't going to do this myself until I saw that your results have held up for so long with little fading/peeling/cracking.

Whenever I get the time and money to do this I'll post some pictures as well.

I'm glad to see this DIY was saved. Very good write up and excellent little mod.

damn, this is yet another mod that i want to do, but i'm apprehensive on doing it cuz i don't wanna screw sumthing up.. this and the blackout headlights... maybe one day i'll grow a pair and do it... haha

The paint looks great.

heres mine so far

Not Newbie
    That's going to come out good...good move painting outside on the grass too. I painted mine in my garage where my car was parked. I spent the next day going over my car with clay bar to remove all the overspray.

Quote Originally Posted by thaseint View Post
    That's going to come out good...good move painting outside on the grass too. I painted mine in my garage where my car was parked. I spent the next day going over my car with clay bar to remove all the overspray.
    haha that sucks. But at least you didn't have a problem with bugs thinking your valve cover is a bright red flower and getting stuck on there!!!

how long did ya'll guys wait untill putting it back on? It might rain tommorow... 40% chance

Not Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Danman281 View Post
    haha that sucks. But at least you didn't have a problem with bugs thinking your valve cover is a bright red flower and getting stuck on there!!!

how long did ya'll guys wait untill putting it back on? It might rain tommorow... 40% chance
    I'd let it sit for a minimum of 24 hours...if you can do it 48 hours would be optimal. I ended up putting mine on after about 12 hours and the paint was still a little pliable in some places. Fortunately I didn't slip otherwise I could have messed up the paint.

After you put it on and drive around for a bit...get ready to get high as a kite! Seriously though, try to roll with your windows down for the first couple of days...

Quote Originally Posted by thaseint View Post
    I'd let it sit for a minimum of 24 hours...if you can do it 48 hours would be optimal. I ended up putting mine on after about 12 hours and the paint was still a little pliable in some places. Fortunately I didn't slip otherwise I could have messed up the paint.

After you put it on and drive around for a bit...get ready to get high as a kite! Seriously though, try to roll with your windows down for the first couple of days...
    I accidentally left the valve cover drying inside my house next to my AC. My whole house smelt like valve cover after that

When I installed it though, I accidently smudged it with some gasket sealer or black smudge... anyone know how to safetly get it off without messing with the paint?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information