Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My relocator now pushes right down into the old spot that the MAP sensor was in. There is only one way to put it in there right?

Ok so from that pic I would just T the line to run tubbing for my gauge?

Quote Originally Posted by dylan si View Post
    Ok so from that pic I would just T the line to run tubbing for my gauge?
    Yes

Take a pic if you can so were on the same page on your relocater bracket and your throttlebody

yeah everything looks the same its just my TB is still attached to my SC. So when I push down the relocator so it matches up with the screw hole the nipple on the relocator is not letting the relocator push in the whole way unless i move the relocator to a point where the holes dont match up. If you look on the JRSC where the TB meets to it, there are 2 capped off nipples on it. they are the ones stopping the relocator from proceeding all the way down. I can put the relocator on i just wont be able to put the screw though the MAP sensor AND the relocator just the sensor. I dont have my car here with me it is in the shop but i am going tomorrow or monday to fix this issue and to figure out how to get the damn belt off.

Take the thtottle body off the supercharger and install the map relocater then put the thorttle body back on.

Quote Originally Posted by dylan si View Post
    All you JRSC experts I need HELP

I am trying to install my kit. First does anyone have a pic of the map relocator installed and where the vacuum tube goes for it? Second when i loosen the screw for the tensioner pulley it doesnt relieve any pressure off the belt. Is that right? Also can you just take off the 4.4" pulley and install the 4.0"? It looks like there isnt enough clearance to pull the pulley off the rail. How do i get the tension off of the belt so that i can remove the belt and street pulley? Anything will help at this point. Thanks
    Thats correct, whenever you loosen the screw the pulley on the tensioner does not loosen right away, you have to loosen the bolt first. Then the tension on the belt will be loosened as well. And at that point you can take off the 4.4 inch pulley by loosening the bolt in it, swap it out, and do the same thing you did in the beginning, just reverse. Really and truly it easy once you do it, try and you will see, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jpax View Post
    Take the thtottle body off the supercharger and install the map relocater then put the thorttle body back on.
    How is that gonna make a difference? Those two nipple are still gonna be there. Does anyone else know what nips i am taking about?

Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    Thats correct, whenever you loosen the screw the pulley on the tensioner does not loosen right away, you have to loosen the bolt first. Then the tension on the belt will be loosened as well. And at that point you can take off the 4.4 inch pulley by loosening the bolt in it, swap it out, and do the same thing you did in the beginning, just reverse. Really and truly it easy once you do it, try and you will see, good luck
    Ok so loosen the bolt to the actually tensioner pulley?

This is the area i think where the two nipples are. They stop the relocator from pushing down cause the relocators nipple is at the same spot they are verticle and the relocators nip goes horizontal
    Last edited by dylan si; 04-19-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Yes.. And if it does not move loosen it some more or just jiggle it a bit. Im teliing you its real easy. youll see

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    Maybe these (huge) photos will help.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Monday I am going to try this

i think i know your problem.. Sounds like to me you have a map relocator from a DC5 kit.. When looking at the enging the nipple on the relocator is on the left instead of the right. So when you try and put it on it hits the nipples right next to it...

Ill be back im going to get some pics to show the difference.

bummer, heres mine on my k20z3

its just installed with a screw, and then I zip tied it down.

Here are the 2 diff relocators i have.

Here is the spot that the relocator goes

this is the relocator i got from brando on crsx.com (made to fit the type s kit)

This is my jackson relocator that came with my kit.

The vacuum source is found here next to my boost gauge line

As for the belt.. loosen the big bolt on the pulley pictured below.. then back the screw off to release the tension.

I hope i helped someone here..lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information