Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hatch404 View Post
    I don't have projectors. The HID kit was ordered from the vendor XenithXenons for $150 during the group buy...
    You are using the stock head lamp units? I thought you needed projectors with the HIDs? Have you seen any over heating issues with the headlights?

Yup stop 02 headlamps. It's better with projectors but you don't NEED it. Projectors eliminate the issue with glare that reflectors have but I feel the glare is minimal. So far no issues, and I think HIDs run cooler than halogens.

Yup stop 02 headlamps. It's better with projectors but you don't NEED it. Projectors eliminate the issue with glare that reflectors have but I feel the glare is minimal. So far no issues, and I think HIDs run cooler than halogens.
    Cool! I have an 04 EP3 but HID performance should be the same...speaking of which, how much better did you find the HIDs to be over the halogens? A lot more, slightly more? I am asking because I have to decide if I get silverstars or HIDs, depending on how much better HIDs would be.

Well the only bulbs I had in there were the stock bulbs so the HIDs are definately a lot better. Here's a thread with some pics http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43398

Well the only bulbs I had in there were the stock bulbs so the HIDs are definately a lot better. Here's a thread with some pics http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43398
    Hey where did you buy the 3M tape? I am thinking that it would be a good idea to tape the ballasts instead of drilling holes.

Forgot to ask you if you still have the part number from the website, I went there and could not find the 6000K kit that specifies both high and low beam included. Also, did not see a kit for only $150

Quote Originally Posted by EP3driver View Post
    Forgot to ask you if you still have the part number from the website, I went there and could not find the 6000K kit that specifies both high and low beam included. Also, did not see a kit for only $150
    the $150 was a Group Buy special. it's now regular price.

HID for hi and low beam is the bi-xenon. but i dont think the bi-xenon is available for your 04, since it's a 9006 bulb. the 02-03 uses H4.

Quote Originally Posted by EP-solo View Post
    the $150 was a Group Buy special. it's now regular price.

HID for hi and low beam is the bi-xenon. but i dont think the bi-xenon is available for your 04, since it's a 9006 bulb. the 02-03 uses H4.
    I see, well I emailed them to see if they have any suggestions. I really want to get the HID kit. I was looking at the 4300K because the brightness is higher.

02/03 uses h4 bulbs for hi and lo beams. 04/05 you would need to get 2 sets of hids for hi and lo beams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information