Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: idle jumping

Exclamation idle jumping

lookin for help..put the ep in tha shop it was in there for 9 weeks getting painted and wut not..got it back the battery was dead and when i jumped it the idle starts at 2 and then goes from 1-2500 consistently. replaced the battery already did not fix the problem and i just swapped map sensors with someone and that was not it either...i believe the code it is throwin is a high "IDLE" code?..anybody got any ideas on wut this can be or how to fix it..we are goin to pull the throttle body tomorrow and try and clean things up a bit..mods are i/h/e all have been on there for atleast a year with no problems till now. any help would be great. thanx in advance.
    Last edited by pita0812; 04-19-2008 at 07:09 PM.

could be the IAC valve on the throttle body. When you pull that off make sure to clean it thoroughly so the valve spins freely.

try doing an idle relearn man. anytime u pull the ecu fuse or the battery cables or the battery dies u should do one. just start the car, hold the rev's at 3000 until u hit 154 coolant temp and then let it idle for 5 mins with the fan off, if the fan comes on disregard the time that the fan is on. that should solve ur prob. oh, pull the ecu fuse b4 doing the relearn. the procedure is in ur honda manual.

You mean over rev code?

high rev code could mean he or someone over reved it. but I think hatch 404 and SyckSir are right relearn ecu and clean the throttle body

I hope the idle relearn solves it.

sorry bout that ya'll it wasn't throwing a high rev...i mean to say a high idle code..sorry...and the car did not come with the manual

K so do what hatch404 and SyckSiR said. you can pop your hood and the fuse box there it has the info on it. pull the ECU fuse and wait for 10 mins. and put it back in and then restart the car. if that idls is still not working AFTER you wait 5 mins for it to warm up. its normaly high if your in a cold climate.

if it dose not drop then you will need to clean the idle control valve. try the fuse first then come back and we can walk you though it.

kinda hard to hold the car at 3000 the gas pedal is sensitive to tha touch right now

up up took it out for a lil drive tonight no success on it fixing itself..ended up actually dying on me 2 times

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    My guesses are vacuum leak or stuck IAC valve. If the idle sags low after you take it out of gear and stalls sometimes, I'd say IACV (I have the same issue right now).

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    My guesses are vacuum leak or stuck IAC valve. If the idle sags low after you take it out of gear and stalls sometimes, I'd say IACV (I have the same issue right now).
    Yes, thats it. I am glad it wasnt the over rev code and then having issues, that would be entirely another mess. I dont know if the DIY on the IAC valve is back up or not. The dealer will charge about 150 for the throttlebody service which should fix the problem too.

Do what these guys said and do the idle relearn. If that doesn't work, clean the IACV. Mine looked horrible when I cleaned mine.

Thank you for everyones suggestions. The problem has been fixed. The IACV was stuck, so cleaned it up and oiled it and is working good now.

Good to hear its working now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information