Close

k24a1 head k20a2 block combo questions

Was seeing if anyone has experience with this swap...I'm using a a2 block to retire my a3 block with it's vtec killed head...just wondering will my current vteckiller kpro calibration work to get car started to get to tuner or can i run a a2 calibration. All help is appreciated

Oh, someone is moving up again...lol...BUMP

It's going to be at a significantly higher compression so you might get some lean misfires trying to drive it, even if it's only lightly.

DO NO run an A2 .kal you will fuck some shit up. the K20A2 .kal's have both high and low cam lobes tuned while you have only the high cam engaged. YOU WILL cause some damage.

What I would do if you ABSOLUTELY have to drive it to a tuner and can't tow it, use the map you have now and use the overall fuel trim option in KPro and increase 5-10% fuel and check your AF ratio numbers to see if leans out or not.

Outside of that I don't know what else to tell you.

hmm i do have triple A free towing...thanks for the heads up...

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    It's going to be at a significantly higher compression so you might get some lean misfires trying to drive it, even if it's only lightly.

DO NO run an A2 .kal you will fuck some shit up. the K20A2 .kal's have both high and low cam lobes tuned while you have only the high cam engaged. YOU WILL cause some damage.

What I would do if you ABSOLUTELY have to drive it to a tuner and can't tow it, use the map you have now and use the overall fuel trim option in KPro and increase 5-10% fuel and check your AF ratio numbers to see if leans out or not.

Outside of that I don't know what else to tell you.

you knew it was a matter of time...the vtk setup for what it is was great...but i got the a2 block for so cheap and with the oil pump that i had to jump on it...how's your 9th gen doing...we should meet up sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    Oh, someone is moving up again...lol...BUMP

Doing okay. I am still stock and probably will keep it that way for a while.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Only took somebody 7 years to try this.....there are threads about this setup back in 2005 and 2006 on the forum here.

I must be a search noob bro keep only finding a2 head a3 block info....nobody went the backwards way...will continue search.

QUOTE=MugenReplica;1019656]Only took somebody 7 years to try this.....there are threads about this setup back in 2005 and 2006 on the forum here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no three lobe KAL will run your setup without issues. You would be better off running a two lobe KAL if you absolutely HAD to.

As mentioned... your current KAL will work but may run lean. If driven in closed loop... you run less risk of issues... but one good press of the throttle and youre in open loop and theres no telling what will happen. If i were you i would tow it...

Thread Information