Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tokico blues

:rofl:

tokico blues

anyone have experience with these guys? I heard they are just OEM replacement, meaning you only get them if your stock shocks is blown and get them to replace OEM, not really an upgrade. planning to lower my EP and want to actually get the handling to improve so I need some opinion on these set, and what springs goes great with them.

going for like 1.75-2.00 drop

they're supposedly pretty good. your mileage may vary because you're going past that recommended 1.5" but they will probably last you a couple years at least from what I've seen on here.

I had a set of illumina's on my hatch which are equivalents of these dumped 2.5" and it lasted me the life of that car -- 5 years.

myspace.com/avenida PayneSkillet's Avatar
    i've had blues on my car for almost a year lowered 2.25"... theyre fine. they are pretty much just oem replacements. go with some d-specs. thats what im getting when mine die

if they're just oem replacements, then why bother getting them? why not just get a brand new set of oem's.

:rofl:
    Quote Originally Posted by japanda View Post
    if they're just oem replacements, then why bother getting them? why not just get a brand new set of oem's.
    that what I am not sure, they are said to be OEM replacement by many users but I want to know for sure if they are or not.

I thought the valving would be stiffer than OEM, but I guess I'm wrong

If your going to go that low I say get the d-specs. The blues are a oem replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by dung View Post
    anyone have experience with these guys? I heard they are just OEM replacement, meaning you only get them if your stock shocks is blown and get them to replace OEM, not really an upgrade. planning to lower my EP and want to actually get the handling to improve so I need some opinion on these set, and what springs goes great with them.

going for like 1.75-2.00 drop
    These will work on any aftermarket springs no lower then a 1.5" drop. I ran with these w/ Tanabe springs for 3 years with no problems at all. Check out shox.com for the best price shipped.

i got about 30,000 on my tokico blues lowered 1.8 on h&r and the rear are already blown. im buying a new set of d specs this week. i wish i would have spent the extra to get the upgrade the first time. o well time for some fun with my new setup \

Maybe old but I have questions. I know d specs are better then hps. I don't do any tracking or anything really. I know that the hps are stock replacements but since I only use my car for a dd should I just get hps? I have h&r btw. How long has yours last until they started popping and making noises and ready to go out?
    Last edited by smoody; 06-23-2008 at 12:37 AM.

they are close to stock replacements but not quite, the damping is a touch or two stiffer, its noticable. they dont like drop.

if u get the d-specs u will DEF be happy

I have the Blues with 2 inch drop for almost 4 years now without any problems. I drive far with up to 5 people in my EP with the trunk full.
    Why spend so much? If you go to the tracks regularly then probably you need to get coilovers but just for looks and DD. Blues are okey.
    Definitely not OEM replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I have the Blues with 2 inch drop for almost 4 years now without any problems. I drive far with up to 5 people in my EP with the trunk full.
    Why spend so much? If you go to the tracks regularly then probably you need to get coilovers but just for looks and DD. Blues are okey.
    Definitely not OEM replacements.
    have it started making any type of noises during out those past 4 years. I'm thinking about getting some, I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys

Quote Originally Posted by e moo View Post
    have it started making any type of noises during out those past 4 years. I'm thinking about getting some, I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys
    No noise whatsoever.
    Note: I am the first in ephatch to install the HP's. Everybody wasnt sure if it fits and Wayne of speedstar installed it on my car (2004). Never had a problem since then. Ive driven couple of cars with coilovers and yes they handle really good but very stiff and kinda bouncy and I didnt like it cuz I use my EP as Daily Driver

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information