Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SLOlife

Those with OE foglights

Now that most people have had their cars for a while I have a few questions.

How do you like the foglights?
    How is the quality? Beam pattern?
    Are they worth 250 dollars and a good half-day to install?
    How are they holding up to road debris?

Thanks!

I love my oem fogs. its really good... and i got it for an extra 200$ with my car. i think its good quality... and the beam pattern is ok... its just that u get more of a wider spread of light when u turn it on. thats about it.so far there isnt much debris around here... but the leafs and other stff is coming down so i dont know.. ill just have to wait and see.... so far everything is look great! try to get it for 200$ i think they will do it! hehe

This is somewhat related to durability of the fog lights.

I was thinking the other day about clear plactic covers that stick on the lenses to protect them. They make them for BMW headlights, and i wonder if something like this could keep fog lights from getting destroyed.

It might be worth looking into if some of you are worried about your lenses breaking.

SLOlife

I know that there are more than two of you that have factory fogs. Let me know your thoughts about them.

AlsoI am wanting to know who installed the lights and if it was difficult.

I went to my dealer to get my fog installed....... it was a complete waste of my time... i took it in around 9 AM and didnt get to leave untill 3:30 - 4:00 pm.... they didnt even start on my car untill 12 or so.... and when they did..... they sure took their sweet time doing it. The salesperson later told me that they had trouble with the wireing and stuff like that..... on my recepite it said it took them 3.5 hour to install....lazy honda techs.

I have the oem foglights, and I love them. I didn't pay the $250 for them... I had them included for free when I purchased the car, along with the floormats.

The beam pattern is great... its a major difference, and I pretty much leave them on whenever I have my headlights on. I only have about 800 miles on my car now, but I'm sure they'll hold up better than any other aftermarket set you could buy... Honda oem equipment is usually pretty durable for that kinda thing.

Now I feel like I should've haggled more with my dealer. Foglights are the one thing I'm definitely getting done, and now they'll be out of my own pocket.

Oh well...

****EDIT****

While I'm thinking about it, could you post daytime pics with the lights off? The foglights naturally kick ass when lit. What about how they really look -- housing, installation, etc?

It's like wanting to see what a girl looks like without makeup -- THAT is what you'd wake up to in the morning, if all went well.
    Last edited by BarracksSi; 11-13-2002 at 03:00 PM.

here ya go...

let me know if you wanna see more.

i'll get some more close up pics of the install. nice and professional... doesn't look shoddy or anything, nice factory fit and finish.

ephatch member
    hey rp3 what do your floormats look like? are they anything special for the si?

Cool -- they aren't as recessed as I expected, but they fit nicely, as well as only OE foglights can.

I've got Si floormats, fwiw...

Hey people... a few thingz...

1) i didnt relize how tyte fog lightz looked till i saw that pic of ur car wit them on, r3p00c...

2) for those of u who want to know how to install EP OEM foglightz...check out this site... FROM ME TO U... ENJOY GUYZ!

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins.../foglights.pdf

:)

-Mike

my floormats? I got the matching ones from honda... i'd recommend them too, just gives the interior a nice touch. I'm thinkin about puttin rubber mats over top of them for the winter though... I don't want to think about how they'll look with salt/cinders all over them... I'm a neatfreak, and black carpet is a pain in the ass to keep clean.

SLOlife
    ^ Bump to the top, c'mon I know some of you have had OEM fogs for a while :D

the foglights look really nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information