Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    prolly the em2 part
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

okay. I get it. Thanks. problem solved =]

just read the whole thread. I have a new noise, sounds like a squeaking. I just replaced the Outer Tie rods, retorqued and everything. Can't figurei t out

I was having the same like small popping noises but end up being the loose front sway bar links being loose. I tighten them and the noise disappeared.

I had the clunking noise as well. I removed my Neuspeed front sway bar and installed the OEM front sway bar, and with the OEM front sway bar i get the clunking noise like it is coming from the floorboards. With the Neuspeed front sway bar i had no clunking noise at all. So i went under the car rechecked the endlinks and lubed up the bushing on the OEM front sway put everything back together and still have the clunking noise. I then decided to just remove the OEm front sway bar all together and my clunking noise is now gone. I am not sure why it would make the clunking noise with the OEM front sway and not the Neuspeed one. The bends of the 2 sway bars are very similar expect for the middle of the sway. The OEM one has a bend where the Neuspeed one doesn't. See pic of the OEm compared to the Neuspeed. I also noticed the Neuspeed one has stoppers for the bushings so they will always be in the same place the OEM just has 2 little blue marks.
    OEM bar on the left Neuspeed on right

OEM bar black bushing Neuspeed red bushings

Again OEM black bushing Neuspeed red bushings
    Last edited by Mighty_Mouse_Ep; 06-02-2010 at 05:01 PM.

So have we come to the conclusion that it's probably the front sway?? Are the end links toast or something? Ever since I lowered my car within the past few weeks this has begun clunking and popping when I turn, seems to be on the front right wheel. If my OEM end links are toast I have no problem replacing them with better aftermarket ones - but I had never heard this noise for 50,000 km's when I was on stock suspension/rims, etc. Now I have my car lowered on coils for approx 5,000 km's I've started to hear this maybe within the past 200 kms.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomBoy View Post
    So have we come to the conclusion that it's probably the front sway?? Are the end links toast or something? Ever since I lowered my car within the past few weeks this has begun clunking and popping when I turn, seems to be on the front right wheel. If my OEM end links are toast I have no problem replacing them with better aftermarket ones - but I had never heard this noise for 50,000 km's when I was on stock suspension/rims, etc. Now I have my car lowered on coils for approx 5,000 km's I've started to hear this maybe within the past 200 kms.
    Well i read the whole thread after finding out my problem was with my front sway. A lot of other people think it is the top hats or something with the suspension. In my case i knew it was the front sway because i started hearing the poping clunking noise after i took off the neuspeed sway and put back on the stock oem sway. Both times with the neuspeed and oem sway i was using the oem endlinks. I was running the neuspeed sway with oem end links for about 15k miles with no clunking. I then switched to the oem sway and the clunking noise started to happen. So i dont know if there is something wrong with my oem sway or if i am not positioning it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomBoy View Post
    I'm getting the same noise I think. It happened just after I lowered my car, though I bought completely new struts and springs which came with new top hats. I might try the end link option, though last time I had the car on a drive-on they were tight. Going to try the subframe bolts as well.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information