Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    hey this is interesting!! my car just started doing this friday and i was thinking it was my passenger outter cv, but it comes and goes and its only when i load the right suspension...im wondering if i should check this top hat also...hmmm tomorrow im checking all my bolts and checking my cv again, but who knows...please post if you figure it out!!!
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    hey this is interesting!! my car just started doing this friday and i was thinking it was my passenger outter cv, but it comes and goes and its only when i load the right suspension...im wondering if i should check this top hat also...hmmm tomorrow im checking all my bolts and checking my cv again, but who knows...please post if you figure it out!!!
    yeah im noticing its only doing it once the suspension is loaded (in a turn)

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

Its more than likely the suspension hat hating life bro. Mine has been making the same noises and I am positive its the top of the strut.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by PAPITUYO326 View Post
    Its more than likely the suspension hat hating life bro. Mine has been making the same noises and I am positive its the top of the strut.
    even tho it feels like its comming from the floor boards?

Legendary Ephatcher

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    even tho it feels like its comming from the floor boards?
    yah mine too, it sounds like we have exactly the same problem...have you checked like EVERY bolt on the suspension to make sure its torqued properly? im going to go through all of mine today after work(unless its raining)...also check that lower balljoint nut, im checking mine, i dont think its off, but who knows...ill let you know if i find something
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

yah mine too, it sounds like we have exactly the same problem...have you checked like EVERY bolt on the suspension to make sure its torqued properly? im going to go through all of mine today after work(unless its raining)...also check that lower balljoint nut, im checking mine, i dont think its off, but who knows...ill let you know if i find something
    everything on my car is in check, I cant find any reason as to why its doing this

Legendary Ephatcher

everything on my car is in check, I cant find any reason as to why its doing this
    in my clunk thread they suggested retorquing my tie rod end...the thing that throws me is 200miles of pa/nj driving yesterday on those awful roads with bumps and dips and potholes the car didnt make the sound once...if i cant find anything im definitely going to replace this bearing type deal on the strut tower...
    my ep is white...

in my clunk thread they suggested retorquing my tie rod end...the thing that throws me is 200miles of pa/nj driving yesterday on those awful roads with bumps and dips and potholes the car didnt make the sound once...if i cant find anything im definitely going to replace this bearing type deal on the strut tower...
    napa sells them for 55.00 (both front left and right)

Legendary Ephatcher

:rofl:
    I've been having this problem since the day I picked up my ep... my only hope is one day to have my whole suspension fall apart while I drive and sue honda world OC for refusing to look into it while I was under warranty.

napa sells them for 55.00 (both front left and right)
    oh thats good, so atleast i can get them cheap if i need to...ill still price out honda...
    my ep is white...

its weird because it will only do it sometimes. . . its so hard to diagnose!

Legendary Ephatcher

its weird because it will only do it sometimes. . . its so hard to diagnose!
    werd...i say we figure this out so we dont have to wonder haha
    my ep is white...

werd...i say we figure this out so we dont have to wonder haha
    I lifted it up again after work and found nothing to be wrong, bent, or fucked up

Legendary Ephatcher

dang, i dont know if its the same problem but in my car when i do left turns and/or go over bumps i get a clunking and popping noise also. its been driving me crazy for about a year now. when i it acts up i take off the wheel and look around but theres nothing that i can see that could cause it. =\ i think it might be my top hat for the springs but i cant be too sure, since the noise can only be replicated when driving.

Not Newbie
    Mine has been doing the same thing for at least 6 months now. Random clunking on suspension load/turning and over bumps.

One of these days I'm going to to find some time and do some (more) suspension work. ie: new endlinks, new tie rids, new swaybar bushings and replacing the top hat bearing. That'll give me an excuse to go in and get a fast road alignment.

If that doesn't fix it I'll just drive the car into the ocean.

In my case I know its not my axles, because I rebuilt my Type S axles before installing them with my 5-lug last year. Ball joints are (or should be) still good too since they came off a RSX-S with 16k miles.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information