Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    I have 96k on my 02 and it clunks in every situation except smooth pavement at freeway speed. Even going straight the damn car clunks! This has been going on for about a year and half. My car is completely stock. Oddly enough I have had 0 issues with the rack. I believe my struts are blown. It feels more like I am driving a ski boat now. My wifes 01 LX handles better than my car. I guess it is time to overhaul the suspension this summer.

im a robot
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1d View Post
    Low rumble from rear, only noticed while moving slow with uneven pavement.
    - It's something about the assembly of the rear. If I turn the tokico's to "0" it goes away, but I'd rather have a low rumble and a comfortable ride. It could just be the struts themselves I suppose. If I put on the rear bulkheads it cuts the noise in half.
    i have this one too.. i think someone said its from the upper camber arms

Legendary Ephatcher ep3moschini's Avatar
    im ripping my front suspention out after work . . . im going to try to grease that "top-mount?" you know. . . the fucking thing with the ball-berrings in it. . . lol the im going to look for any wear or scrape marks or any sign or rubbing/smashing/chaffing

1967 Firebird. . . Yeah its alright

Legendary Ephatcher

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    im ripping my front suspention out after work . . . im going to try to grease that "top-mount?" you know. . . the fucking thing with the ball-berrings in it. . . lol the im going to look for any wear or scrape marks or any sign or rubbing/smashing/chaffing
    im tellin ya man, 20 bucks each from honda, i would replace them...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    im tellin ya man, 20 bucks each from honda, i would replace them...
    I replaced my strut mount, and I still have a popping noise, got pissed off jacked the car back up and low and behold, its a bad ball joint. the snap ring is missing, and I cant even replace the snap ring because its rounded over where the ring sits. I am really pissed now like fucking pissed because no one has them around here, well one place dose and its a 3-4 day wait

Legendary Ephatcher

fail. . . .

Legendary Ephatcher

Legendary Ephatcher

ephatch member
    hBroken strut mount bolt FTL

FUCK!!! that sucks sooo much man...shit i bet thats what my clunk is, the hole for my lower balljoint was deformed and it wasnt tight on the balljoint, so i had my moog ones pressed in and the snap rings...i bet that damn thing is movin...im actually wondering if that didnt move up and hurt my axle boot...ill have to look into that closer...damn
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

ephatch member
    I'm know my clunking noise is only occurring when I turn and it's the spring that's moving for whatever reason. probably due to the top hats not being greased up.

Quote Originally Posted by slate13530 View Post
    I'm know my clunking noise is only occurring when I turn and it's the spring that's moving for whatever reason. probably due to the top hats not being greased up.
    Spring binding. Mine started again after a year. Creak....pop....pop....pop.
    It happened 10 times worse and faster with the stiffer springs in the front.(10kg) I used a multi-purpose suspension grease. (Main ingredient Lithium) but I'm starting to think the plastic on plastic bearing should be greased with something like Silicon lubricant. (Designed more for plastics)

Quote Originally Posted by ep3moschini View Post
    fail. . . .

I believe this is what we're looking at right?

You are obviously missing the rubber boot and it doen't look good. My rubber boot is in good condition and isn't malformed. I suppose I could still have some damage under it, since I can't find anything else responsible for my noises. Not sure it it's worth taking off since everything looks okay. I guess you need a special tool (according to the shop manual) to remove the ball joint?

that hurts. . . I couldent buy a ball joint so I had to order a complete knuckle from honda 171.92 my cost with a new endlink (had to cut it because the allen head rounded out and I just cut it off)

Legendary Ephatcher

Banned
    Your suspension looks hammered.........

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    Your suspension looks hammered.........
    mr. jokes are you? fucking noob who helped me do my clutch decided that was a good idea to pop the ball joint he is the reason why the snap ring peaced out and the reason why im getting a new knuckle. . . but its bad buisness to yell at someone who let you use there shop and lift and tools for free to do a clutch job

Legendary Ephatcher

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information