Close

Knock sensor malfunction?

Ok, well my car has been throwing a CEL ever since I installed my Greddy kit. I finally went to have it checked out, and it's throwing a knock sensor malfunction code. Anyone know what this means? My car runs good other than a fluctuating idle, which I believe is from running rich. I don't hear any weird noises when driving. Please help me, it's got me worried now!

Do you have kpro? I'm guessing that you don't but if it's throwing a code replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    Do you have kpro? I'm guessing that you don't but if it's throwing a code replace it.
    No, I have emanage. Do you think that could be causing the problem?

You will get mixed opinions about e-manage and how it works. I have used it before and i don't care for it, I don't care for piggyback systems at all, sure it works but not the way "I" want it to. Every time i have used emanage i have had some kind of error light and in the long run you really should get kpro. I Have kpro and i have my knock sensor disabled. it's possible that emanage is the problem, I would bet on it but your call. Change the knock sensor and see if the problem comes back, if it dose, then it's emanage.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    You will get mixed opinions about e-manage and how it works. I have used it before and i don't care for it, I don't care for piggyback systems at all, sure it works but not the way "I" want it to. Every time i have used emanage i have had some kind of error light and in the long run you really should get kpro. I Have kpro and i have my knock sensor disabled. it's possible that emanage is the problem, I would bet on it but your call. Change the knock sensor and see if the problem comes back, if it dose, then it's emanage.
    That's my guess too because the second I cranked the car up after installing my kit, that cel came on.

Yup Clutch797 hit the nail on the head.
    Try out another sensor, and if that dosn't work either then check over the install of the emanage its possiable a wire might have either disconnected or mis tapped.

If you upgrade to kpro you will fine that everything about the car will run better then with emanage. The options that kpro gives you is worth every cent and with a boosted car that kind of info can save your motor.

Ok, thank you guys for the help. I appreciate it. I'm gonna try replacing the sensor, if that doesn't work, I'm going kpro(going that way anyways).

Thread Information