Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You may have an issue with the IAC, check that it's connector and wires are ok. also check that it isnt stuck in a closed position.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

holy list of ideas ... these are things I didn't think about, and I purposely didn't think about it being a burned ecu ... hope I dont need to drop huge cash on another kpro :( I'll check sensors tomorrow, that coolant plug thing sounds like something I probably missed. where is that? anyone have a pic or diagram?

You guys rule, if I get this thing going I'm throwing an ep3 bbq. I'll keep all updated.
    Last edited by unreasonable; 04-22-2008 at 07:33 PM.

The coolant plug is at the very bottom of the throttle body. The plug has a big rubber cover over it.

Note, K24 + RBC = impossible to get to that stupid coolant sensor plug. Anyways I did see the rubber cover at a freakish angle on that plug and got all excited. I ended up taking the front bumper back off (radiator support thing too) in a furious flurry of plastic clips... only to discover it's plugged in. I reseated it, tried starting, it made the same starter noise then 1-second running clunk.

I have the loop on my TB to keep coolant from running through there like in the Karcepts adapter instructions. Does there actually need to be fluid in there for that sensor to function?

I went through all the sensors I could think of/touch - crank position, cam sensors, that little white one on the side under the cam ones, all the throttle body sensors, and they're all in place. I couldn't find any crazy squirrels either :)

Of course I took the spark plugs back out and they're completely drenched in gas, and you can see beads of it sitting on top of the pistons.

You may have an issue with the IAC, check that it's connector and wires are ok. also check that it isnt stuck in a closed position.
    Which one is that and how can you test if it's stuck closed?

Find a typeS ECU and try that. You may have burned up the drivers for the injectors(in ECU) having a poor ground for the injectors(on mani vrs head)
    Is there any way to test this without a second ecu lying around, or would the datalog show any freakish numbers from the injectors?

I'm ready to start posting vids/pics of whats going on.
    To all you thinking about becoming swap people ... either don't do it or get smart people to do it for you :) Anyone local that's smarter than me?

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    The coolant plug is at the very bottom of the throttle body. The plug has a big rubber cover over it.

Huh?

Coolant plug on the TB? Are you thinking about the IAC?

I would pull the TB and clean the IAC, or at least make sure the rotor is not siezed up.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 04-24-2008 at 06:01 AM.

Does anyone know if the coil packs are that much "different" between a TSX and an EP3? Would EP3 coil packs either not fit properly or not provide enough juice to work with TSX injectors?

I'm runing ep3 coils on mine with no problem

Damn. Well there goes my theory.
    You've been running EP coils on TSX injectors, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by satitus View Post
    Damn. Well there goes my theory.
    You've been running EP coils on TSX injectors, correct?
    yup

make sure your throttle body is on there tight. check if cam caps on the opposite side of the cam gears are aligned. and are you sure there is valve clearance using that k24a4 block with the k24a1 head?

man oh man. Seriously guys, inexperience = bad bad bad. If you want me to just go down in glory walk away now and don't read how incredibly retarded a mistake I have made. I learned the hard way ... everyone go read the entire shop manual before you think of starting this and I mean the whole thing.

So I managed to make a coolant tube out of the air bypass control thermal valve. I literally routed one end to the coolant and the other end to the top of the IMs to happily bathe the injectors in gallons upon gallons of coolant simply because I didn't know what I was doing. I discovered this when I took my intake off of the TB and open the plate and look into the IM and see an ocean of coolant hanging out in there.

I am so happy I found the problem, but I've probably destroyed my engine in some manner. :boom:

Thanks for everyone's help. I have learned a valuable lesson here - you can't burn water. Anyone dealt with this kind of situation before?

Never heard of anyone doing it but I'm also not surprised shit like that happens. Sorry to hear it though

Quote Originally Posted by unreasonable View Post
    man oh man. Seriously guys, inexperience = bad bad bad. If you want me to just go down in glory walk away now and don't read how incredibly retarded a mistake I have made. I learned the hard way ... everyone go read the entire shop manual before you think of starting this and I mean the whole thing.

So I managed to make a coolant tube out of the air bypass control thermal valve. I literally routed one end to the coolant and the other end to the top of the IMs to happily bathe the injectors in gallons upon gallons of coolant simply because I didn't know what I was doing. I discovered this when I took my intake off of the TB and open the plate and look into the IM and see an ocean of coolant hanging out in there.

I am so happy I found the problem, but I've probably destroyed my engine in some manner. :boom:

Thanks for everyone's help. I have learned a valuable lesson here - you can't burn water. Anyone dealt with this kind of situation before?
    holy fuck bro. If she still cranks thats a good sign that you didnt bend a rod. Blow some ait through there and see if she'll start.

OUCH ! Drain that oil asap, get her running till up to temp and change the oil again. Then do another compression check.

holy $%^& you hella %^&*ed up bro. lol good thing i told you to check if your throttle body was tight. or else you woulda never looked in there. i was gonna do my swap by myself too. then i said f that cuz i couldnt even set the timing right. it was just too hard.

learning yourself is a good thing but not with this kinda stuff bro. very expensive mistakes will happen.

just get it done right the first time around by a professional. i did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information