Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mindless Self Indulgence

JIC Magic FLT-A2

Who is planning to buy this?

Pros:
    The shock body is shorter (allowing full suspension travel with dropped look), 15 level of adjustment, pillow ball upper mount, linear spring rate 448lb/in front and 504lb/in rear, monotube design (50mm piston size) suitable for racing temperature, comes with all the mount for your brake lines and stuff.

Cons:
    $1980

ephatch member
    Where did you find these? I wasn't aware that JIC has made any dampers for our EP's yet. Those are the coilovers I've been waiting for!

ephatch member

K20

They do make them, but you have to modify your car a little. You have to get new tie rod ends from the RSX, and you have to shave off some of the rear body shock of the JIC kit. That's it. You can get them from JIC in CA (actually their distributor in the US). There's a guy here that's putting them on soon, just wait 'til he's done and he'll post what needs to be done.

Mindless Self Indulgence
    http://jic-magic.com/suspension/flta2.asp.

Click on the application guide, the one specified for the EP model will be available in the couple of month. If you cant wait, then you can always go with the flt a2 for the rsx with slight modification.

I also emailed jic magic usa, that is what they told me so...

Mindless Self Indulgence
    I like to add...
    I think this is like the best suspension for the price, topping tein/buddy club/zeal/apex.

ephatch member
    ...and B&G, Tokico, H&R, Koni (yes they'll make a coil over too), Progress and so on

ephatch member
    Does anyone know anything about the B+G coilovers/dampers?

ephatch member
    Don't know much about them other than they're european and they have a two spring design. Basically a progressive style set up. I'm going to try B&G, they tell me that it does not need to be modify to fit our cars, and if it does then they can take those fucking shocks and shove them because I will not alter anything. You may also want to try KW, they have a kit specially made for the EP with both rebound and height adjustability. Tein needs to be modify, H&R don't make a kit yet, or Koni or tokico or Progress etc. There's virtually no manufacturer out there that has a kit specific for the EP other than KW suspension, but the problem is that they don't have them in stock.

ephatch member
    Oh one more thing, while Tein advertises a kit specifically made for the EP, it's not in stock either (yet).

nikkotyper
    Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
    Oh one more thing, while Tein advertises a kit specifically made for the EP, it's not in stock either (yet).
    Last time I checked, they had an SS kit for all 2001+ civic with some crapy spring rates: 336f/448r which might be OK for a regular civic but not too great for an SI.

I liked the post.....until I got to the cons. That's a great sounding product though. Maybe I'll add it to my long term list.

ephatch member
    Nikko, to fit the SS tein you have to do some modification. Nothing big. This is what I've heard from Fizz, from Tein, from Torn etc. They don't make a SS kit specifically for the EP3, at least not yet.

ephatch member
    Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
    I liked the post.....until I got to the cons. That's a great sounding product though. Maybe I'll add it to my long term list.
    Do you mean to your "Maybe some time in the future (very distant one)" list?:D

nikkotyper
    Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
    Nikko, to fit the SS tein you have to do some modification. Nothing big. This is what I've heard from Fizz, from Tein, from Torn etc. They don't make a SS kit specifically for the EP3, at least not yet.
    Sure. The kit for 2k1 Civics will fit but the spring rates suck.
    Let's hope that the SI SS kit has better spring rates.

Also, a friend of mine has a JIC CO kit and it is very light (made out of Al) - much lighter than TIEN which he has on another car. Light is good. Price is bad...

ephatch member

Nikko

Does he have the kit installed on an EP3 or other car? Also if he did installed it on an EP3, did he tell you what need to be modified?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information