Close

View Poll Results: Which intake is your favorite?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • AEM Cold Air Intake

132 36.07%
  • AEM Short Ram Intake

22 6.01%
  • Injen Race Division (Cold Air)

90 24.59%
  • Injen Intake System (Tube Style)

27 7.38%
  • DC Sports Cold Air Intake

4 1.09%
  • DC Sports DAC (Direct Air Charger)

4 1.09%
  • K & N Typhoon Intake

37 10.11%
  • Comptech USA Icebox

50 13.66%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Smugg66
    A.E.M. is the only intake that I would buy. My old civic had one, and my new civic has one (c.a.i.). My buddy has a short ram A.E.M on his Accord it rocks! I've heard other intakes, D.C.'s DAC, Iceman, Injen, K&N and from my opinon A.E.M. has the best sound. As far as Hp gain, I'm banking that their all similar. I'm intrested in this V2 though it should be interesting.

petrpanek
    The new AEM V2 looks really cool. :p Does anyone know when it will come out or if it will come out for our cars?

Thanks for all your replies!
    Keep voting and thanks again!

By the looks of it, I would say that it does not fit our cars.
    Just not pointing the right way up top. It looks like it would
    aim more towards the the rear of the engine bay. Mounts are
    different too. Anyone know what gains are to be had? (I know they say it
    outpreforms the origional AEM CAI)

Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 11-07-2002 at 07:22 PM.

ssvr6
    The model pictured may not be for our car, but with the RSX and us sharing the same basic layout, I'm sure they'll make one for us.

Steve

where could i get a good price on an injen cai??

Nopi.com has a decent price. I think it was 190 YMMV.

I voted for injen cai, cause i have it :). But I would have liked to have voted for ANY CAI. I think that AEM would be great, so would Comptech or even the DC Sports...but since I got a great deal on the Injen CAI from nopi (198 shipped and they don't just have the "blingin' one now), I went with that.

joneSi

Registered User Fizz Autosports's Avatar
    Dunno about the Version 2 HP gains or differences but the reason for the release was that their standard Intakes were not keeping on par with Injen and customers were converting due to the better performance gains from simillar companys, thus AEM unveiled their new V2 at Sema, basically the only advantage AEM had over Injen was their patented Bypass valve, which was the deciding factor in many cases on which Intake to purchase, but with Injen showing their own Bypass at Sema AEM had to make some effort to win back consumers.

blah....intake this intake that......JUST BUY ONE. ...lol.......i think there is like 10 threads on intakes. lloll...aem and injun are good companys...

I like my K&N Typhoon for now, but will more than likely get a CAI (AEM, Injen or Comptech Icebox) of some kind sooner or later for a little better performance.

aem got more votes.. but most of these replies are for the injen.. hmmMMM.... im getting an intake too this week.. was 99% goign for aem. but now im not sure again :( i guess ill just go for the paxie filter. i like that the best.

1FstBlk02Si
    Originally posted by 02blksi
    AEM CAI, because they always perform well. they dont need to inflate their numbers to sell their product (dyno results) ... And i got a great deal on one IMO :)

This is so true..i love my intake even though it is just intake..but they perform well..and Im happy with it...not to mention got it for 109.00...:D

IMO
    they are all the same, its like buying the same shampoo in a different colored container.

i have seen the dyno tests on this new AEM V2 intake...same idenical power curve jus the power comes in sooner on v2 but power cuts off sooner too....looked like same dyno jus had the power in a earlier rpm...its all hype...

i had an ex aem cai on my 99 si ,,,the smaller tube looked funny compared to my friends...but it performed like none other...cai is jus that..i beat same cars as me but with header and exhaust and cai....while i only had a cai off my old ex i still beat these cars...i never thought twice about getting the 1 specifically made for my si......i already had it:p

ephatch member
    Anyone else that installed their own AEM intake a little skeptical about the V2 actually fitting in there, I dunno about you guys but I had one hell of a time squeezing that sucker down there, doesn't seem to me that another inch in diameter would be possible

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information