Close

View Poll Results: Which intake is your favorite?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • AEM Cold Air Intake

132 36.07%
  • AEM Short Ram Intake

22 6.01%
  • Injen Race Division (Cold Air)

90 24.59%
  • Injen Intake System (Tube Style)

27 7.38%
  • DC Sports Cold Air Intake

4 1.09%
  • DC Sports DAC (Direct Air Charger)

4 1.09%
  • K & N Typhoon Intake

37 10.11%
  • Comptech USA Icebox

50 13.66%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    ephatch member
    AEM SRI, because i live in temperate rainforest territory and occassionaly it will rain like no other in a matter of minutes.. so not worth the risk to me.. i'll prolly buy CAI for summer..

I am thinking Ice Box right now while I wait a few years to get a turbo. Just wondering though what is the DC Sports DAC (Direct Air Charger)? Is it a CAI intake? I did a search and sent me a link to nopi online to see a pic but there is nothing there just the CAI nothing with the DAC on it.

I like the injen cai better than the aem cai because you cant see the aem cai it just goes straight down with the injen it comes out from the engine over towards the battery and down so it looks alot better

ephatch member
    Injen, Holla

SO I started a thread on this a few weeks ago with no avail, but which is better the AEM V2 CAI or the Injen race division CAI?

i went with aem because i did alot of research and that just seemed the best. that was my first mod too and totally happy with it

Originally posted by focus_killer
    SO I started a thread on this a few weeks ago with no avail, but which is better the AEM V2 CAI or the Injen race division CAI?
    The V2 is a short ram, Injen claims that they have dyno proof that shows their CAI performs as good if not better than the V2. So to me the CAI is a better choice, since it is slightly cheaper.

I am going to go with the Hondata airbox mod with a cold air snorkel added.

I just ordered up the Injen SRI, I like the contemporary looks of the unit, ease & convenience of installation and maintenance. For a SRI it comes with a heat-shield and vibra support. It is 50 state emissions legal. I chose the SRI, because even though it will still be plagued with heat soak, located in the engine compartment, the benefits over the restrictive and cumbersome to maintain, stock air-box & snorkel, are much greater and better looking IMO. Also I don

Talking AEM v2

Hey they do make a V2 for our car i just got mine put in and i love it. the motor sounds alot stronger and i can feel the power gain

got my aem cai in a couple days ago w/ the help of anj, and a couple other EPers. Thanks guys for the help. Couldn't have done it w/out ya. But I'm lovin it so far. It sounds mean as hell past about 5000rpms, especially in 2nd gear. I used to shift around 3500-4000 for daily driving, but i now find myself going for the extra 1500rpms just to hear the cai. Also, I can't believe this thing will get even louder after i work it in.

I can't say whether it's better than the injen or not since I've never driven an ep w/ the injen nor heard it. But from what i've heard , it's a little more beefier than the aem. But i'm lovin the aem so far.

I used to have the aem cai in my car but switched to the comptech icebox because I just dont need to be worrying about hydrolocking my car and so far.... I havent really felt any noticable difference between the two

ephatch member
    I have Injen Cold Air and I'm loving it!!!!

I chose the Injen sri for a number of reasons. 1.) To make power, to not have to worry about hydro-locking the engine, and keep the throttle response. I had a AEM cai on my 2000 Si and while it sounded awsome and made great power, I had to worry about water, and noticed a loss of throttle response.(Obviously due to the long tube.) 2.) As far as sri's are concerned on a test of all sri and cai intakes out at the time the Injen made the best power and had the highest flow rate of all the sri intakes. This is probably due the fact that it is the largest diameter tube and has the smoothest bend in it.(It must be noted that the test was done for the rsx type-s which is addmitedly a different car, but the intake manifolds are the same between the two and I figured that as far as sri's go there probably would not be to much difference in the design. The Injen would still have the largest diameter,best flow, and also of note keeps the filter farthest away from the exhuast manifold.)Testing was also done on the base rsx,same engine except for the intake manifold,and the injen seemed to have a smoother power curve. Even as dyno results come out for the Si the results are still really similar.(couldn't find that many results for Si when it first came out so I went with was the most similar to it and was close.) 3.)It was the only sri to offer a heatsheild, and it is powder coated (mine is red) to reduce heat soak like the rest of them. 4.) Looks really good under the hood vs. a cai imo. 5.) Do not plan on doing any serious racing except for maybe the occasional stop light grand prix,and getting on the highway so I don't need the worry of hydrolock for cooler air. Besides it is a really open engine bay and once you are moving there will be plenty of flow past the filter. 6.) Wasn't too sure about the sound but this intake is deep and loud and could definately be heard over the stock exhaust when stomped on. Overall I am very pleased with the intake.When the Injen filter needed replacing I changed the filter to a K&N X-Stream flow filter and actually noticed a difference in the way the car ran. Better filter and design. I would recomend it to anyone looking into a sri for it's power,quality,and looks.

I vote HKS..But its not on there ;) ;)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information