Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: k20a2 swap?

I only swap thru the top, and dont touch the subframe at all. For me it is worlds easier than trying to cordinate a lift and a dolly etc. If you are swapping in a home garage then a simple engine hoist with a load leveler works best IMHO.

Some people drop the subframe/engine while useing the engine hoist to raise the car,,,watching someone do this is like watching a monkey "F" a football,,LOL,,,
    Last edited by talonXracer; 04-23-2008 at 05:20 AM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

what about the VTEC on the a2 swap? How does it work with the ep3 wiring harness? thats really the only part that I am rather confused about.

shadownmd... how do you like those cams... is the idle real rough with those valve springs and retainers?
    Last edited by r_jones06; 04-23-2008 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    watching someone do this is like watching a monkey "F" a football,,LOL,,,

LOL

i have lifts so its pretty simple

yeah man getting a cherry picker makes the swapping life cream.

Yup, I have a hoist and load leveler and it's easy going up and out. I too, won't touch the subframe.

Quote Originally Posted by r_jones06 View Post
    what about the VTEC on the a2 swap? How does it work with the ep3 wiring harness? thats really the only part that I am rather confused about.

shadownmd... how do you like those cams... is the idle real rough with those valve springs and retainers?

Nothing to be confused about. The harnesses are the same except the A2 harness has a reverse lockout(which is of no concern to the engine actually running properly). The A3 DOES indeed have VTEC, just a casterated version. The A3 uses the same exact VTEC solenoid as the a2. The controls are all in the ECU, so as long as the ECU matchs the engine you are good to go.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

awesome i appreciate all the info guys

as u can see, doug aka talonxracer is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    it is worlds easier than trying to cordinate a lift and a dolly etc. If you are swapping in a home garage then a simple engine hoist with a load leveler works best
    Some people drop the subframe/engine while useing the engine hoist to raise the car,,,watching someone do this is like watching a monkey "F" a football,,LOL,,,
    Yeah, if you have all the tools that you need or to be borrowed(i.e. load leveler) then maybe this is your choice. If you are put in a hard situation or because you just spent $4000 on an engine you are trying to be frugal about things...dropping the motor and lifting the car is a viable option. For someone that doesn't have any need to OWN a hoist, they will probably borrow one. Aquiring a hoist may be hard enough, let alone a leveler. I've seen it done at Mid-Ohio by peeps that, I imagine, know what they are doing. No one seemed extra horny towards sports equipment ... How do you feel towards those that put an engine on a tire rather than some sweet engine stand? Is that like a giraffe licking its balls?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information