Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

looks solid/ a thanks to everybody

Okay so the turbo finally broke in, smoke is at a minimum and everything is running good. Just want to thank everybody here for all the tips and pointers, as well as lay down my aspirations and numbers..

so far i got this done.

greddy kit, w/ FMIC, Type RS Bov and running open downpipe.

Hondata IMG, Denso iridium 1 step colder plugs, Full A/C Delete

Koyo Radiator, Ingalls torque damper, Tanabe front strut tower bar.

Greddy boost gauge, AEM Uego A/F, and finally the entire car is Gutted to hell.

Next is tapping the oil pan, Wheels and tires, carbon fiber spoiler.

after that im looking at Kpro, new map sensor, clutch/pressure plate and a good tune.

Once again thanks everybody.

Sounds sick, Any pics yet?

i got a few pics of when i was in the process of installing it all, some pics of the interior b4 the gauges.. what would you like to see? i only ask cause i dont wanna flood the page with shit nobody cares about haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TSI View Post
    i got a few pics of when i was in the process of installing it all, some pics of the interior b4 the gauges.. what would you like to see? i only ask cause i dont wanna flood the page with shit nobody cares about haha.
    fuck it post everything haha..who doesnt wanna see the whole thing

haha word, aight, i guess when the sun comes out around here, ill take some more and update.. but for now heres a few, of when it was unfinished. Fuckin messy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TSI View Post
    haha word, aight, i guess when the sun comes out around here, ill take some more and update.. but for now heres a few, of when it was unfinished. Fuckin messy!
    damn! you not playin any games you straight business! good job on the build and also good luck!

hey, thanks man, im tryin.

how come u got rid of ur a/c??? doesnt get hot in new york??? or did u have to cause the radiator is massive?

well, in the first place my evaporator got cracked... so i just removed all the lines and the condenser.. then i figured, im boosting i might as well take off the compressor and bracket, throw on the smaller belt and pick up a couple ponies..

and as far as getting hot... well thats why im boosted, to drive really fucking fast with the windows down.

UPDATE.. finally got back the pipe with my bov flange welded.. soo i hooked up the bov, and vaccum lines.. as well as tapped the fuses for the gauges.

after a tightening the bov down really fucking hard everything seems well. i have to test drive it today to see if it will do what its been doing.. (which is once the car warms up... if i do like 1/4 throttle or throw in the clutch to just coast is burps and lean spikes.. then eases back into rich)

it idles great for emanage now at about 12.2-12.5, and when i first start it up its at 14.7... when driving normally while still cold enough to not idle at 750, it stoped burping between shifts.. so my ecu is obviously learning but... i honestly think e manage is at fault... how else would the car run just about great until it warms up...

so maybe its time to go kpro.
    Last edited by TSI; 06-14-2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: forgot somthing important.

yo nice radiator, also do a a dyno to see how much whp you are doing, if you are doing less than me I will tell you what I did to have some extra hp

Taking the a/c out won't give you any more hp. it only take hp is your running it.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    Taking the a/c out won't give you any more hp. it only take hp is your running it.
    so i've heard. but I see it this way... even though when its not on i know it turns pretty freely, however...

though the gains may be minuscule, its certainly, better to have less pulleys and less belt.... not to mention, between the compressor, the brackets, the lines, condenser, evaporator, the 134a and even the bolts holding it all, i have now at the least..

1. saved weight 2. saved space and 3. gained more airflow in multiple areas.

Wow your car looks really clean! My engine bay is filthy compared to that! This post makes me want go get my kit in really bad.. ive got the same kit but have been working on getting the rest of the pieces i need together... If you have more pics of your install and/or IC piping could you pm me the link or just post them on here?
    ( the more the better ive been looking around for a while for pics) i have to get my BOV flange welded on and i have yet to put the kit on and see what pipe is the one that mounts right up to the compressor side of the turbo.

Also did you use a vacuum block or use t fittings for the bov, and the boost gauge? if you dont mind me asking and where did you make the connections.

Lol, ive got a lot of questions sorry.

Congrats on getting it all hooked up and looking really good!

well.. i have more pics of it all done.. but for some reason it wont let me post anymore.. BUT.. i do have a link that helped me with the intercooler piping install.. http://www.blanblu.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=636

Rollin, about the compressor side (cold side) are you asking for the compression pipe or the air intake pipe?

and as for the vaccum sorces... i connected the actuator to the big vaccum line in the middle of the intake mani with the t fitting. then i connected the vaccum line on that mani right next to the valve cover to the bov. further more that line that i used for the bov i did a t fitting to that and put it to the boost gauge sensor.

hope that helps dude, and thank you.

Thanks, im going to try to buy some vacuum lines and start measuring it out today. Maybe start install tomorrow or wed :) Im wondering about the Compressor side piping that leaves the turbo to mount my BOV on too. There wasnt a clean shot of it in those pics you posted :( im just going to try and figure it out. Thanks for the pics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information