Close

ephatch member

Red face Help !! Water Pump

can you guys show or give me details how to change my water pump ?? bone stock k20a3 .....PLZZZ ( anyway thanismo = noob so plz don mind)

i ask this question a while back and all i got was... its under the alternator.. at least thats what I remember.... no other info left...

ephatch member
    From diagrams I have seen, the water pump is attached to the drive belt which is on the left (passenger) side of the engine.

The water pump is attached to the Coolant Passage and faces the passanger side of the car. You need to remove the serpetine belt and then 6 small bolts hold the pump on. These can be accessed with a small ratchett and skinny hands.

This will give you an idea of what everything looks like.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43382
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

ephatch member
    thanks!!!!

I remember changing my GSR pump/w one mount loose, I used liquid gasket to get the job done.this cant be much harder im guessing.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtt02278 View Post
    i ask this question a while back and all i got was... its under the alternator.. at least thats what I remember.... no other info left...
    more info for you and me.. thanks to teh ephatch members...!!

Is your water pump failing on you?

Its a PITA to remove the water pump, I just did like 3 weeks ago. Mine was failing and making a horrible sound. replace it with a k24a1 water pump perfect fit and everything is fine now. TalonXracer told everything you need to do this job... specially the skinny hands! lol!

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by 02_epdriver View Post
    Is your water pump failing on you?
    yes !!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenus View Post
    Its a PITA to remove the water pump, I just did like 3 weeks ago. Mine was failing and making a horrible sound. replace it with a k24a1 water pump perfect fit and everything is fine now. TalonXracer told everything you need to do this job... specially the skinny hands! lol!
    haha it happened to me too !!! lol

water pump = PWNER

ephatch member
    now im gettin a stock water pump from 02ep3si for 50$ and it has 36k miles on it..

Make sure the new waterpump includes the rubber "O" ring type gasket.

ephatch member
    OMFG !!!!!! ok .. today i got my water pump around 4 o 'clock. so i took it and planning to put on my car. I took out the belt and started to work on it. well i didnt finish it today after 6 hours of trying. I cant even get a single screw outta my old water pump. i cut myself like 400 times on my hands trying to fit my hands in there. i couldnt get it outta there .. and plus those stupid screws are too old.. when i twisted it too hard then pieces of it started to come off.. now im stucked... ( SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH AND CAPS CUZ NOW I FEEL LIKE I WANNA CHOKES SOME BITCHES>> IM FUCKIN PISSED .. ) 6 fucking hours and still couldnt get it done... i feel so stupid.... someone plz help me cuz i don wanna take it to the shop. its gonna cost me another 200$+ just for the labor....HELP ME...

Quote Originally Posted by thanismo View Post
    OMFG !!!!!! ok .. today i got my water pump around 4 o 'clock. so i took it and planning to put on my car. I took out the belt and started to work on it. well i didnt finish it today after 6 hours of trying. I cant even get a single screw outta my old water pump. i cut myself like 400 times on my hands trying to fit my hands in there. i couldnt get it outta there .. and plus those stupid screws are too old.. when i twisted it too hard then pieces of it started to come off.. now im stucked... ( SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH AND CAPS CUZ NOW I FEEL LIKE I WANNA CHOKES SOME BITCHES>> IM FUCKIN PISSED .. ) 6 fucking hours and still couldnt get it done... i feel so stupid.... someone plz help me cuz i don wanna take it to the shop. its gonna cost me another 200$+ just for the labor....HELP ME...
    Get a can of PB Blaster, and spray the siezed bolts. Then spray them again. Let them soak for a while.

I would not recommend using a breaker bar, because if you snap a bolt you will really be in for it labor wi$e.

I am not a small guy and I can remove one without that much difficulty. I use a 1/4" drive long handle ratchett and 10mm socket.

Jack up the car and remove the passenger side wheel and lower skirt and reach it from there.

Thread Information