Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    No there is nothing in the install kit you need.

Quote Originally Posted by japarossa View Post
    No there is nothing in the install kit you need.
    Word! Thanks man. So the pump and the line is all thats needed.

Ya, nice write up. I'll be doin this real soon. So where is the fuel filter? Is it in the assembly you pull out of the tank or is it that canister just outside of the tank? I have 85,000 miles and want to replace the filter also.
    Is there any difference between the walbro 255 fuel pumps? The number for it is diiferent than the one on clubep3.
    Last edited by 05 hatch; 05-25-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Sorry for the absence. Looks like it's all been discussed.
    Submersible hose is to prevent the line from degrading in the gas. Normal vacuum line will melt and rupture...also, the existing stock line is a special heat shrunk tube that is plastic or something, it has to be cut off the old pump and can't be reused.
    Getting the collar off requires some creative thought, just don't buy the honda tool...it'll work great but cost you extra money.
    The filter is contained within the white housing you pull out of the tank. I THINK you may not be able to buy the filter as a separate unit anymore. I could be wrong...
    Part number on the walbro may be different because these pumps do have a purpose. It just so happens we are custom fitting these so the pump internals are the most important part, not necessarily the shape of the housing. I got mine from clubrsx which is the same as clubep essentially...at the time, I think there were several ones to choose. I used the one from a write up I saw.
    Sorry about spelling errors, on my phone...
    How to properly use Apostrophes
    The rev limiter is not meant to be used as a shift light

I just did mine last week. Few differences in my install though:

1. I used an 06 RSX-S fuel pump assembly, difference is that the lines run differently and the fuel level buoy is on the opposite side. For some reason our tanks are somewhat differently shaped than the RSX so the buoy will get stuck and not read correctly, To remedy this I turned the pump assembly 45 degrees counter clockwise so it position the buoy where the EP3 buoy would be.

2. I installed an aftermarket return, so I capped off the part that squirts fuel back into the tank from the stock assembly and modded the top of the assembly for a return feed with a #6 AN bulkhead.

Followed a DIY to switch out to a Walbro. Was having some issues mentioned such as random cut off at idle. Loss of power when full throttle nears, rough idle (did IACV DIY and cleaned, high idle 2kish but dosent bounce from 1k to 3k anymore)

When I removed the fuel pump assembly, A bracket was broken and wires were rubbing up against something. The red one snapped in half and a black thin wire was disconnected. I stripped the tip of the black wire and reconnected to port and retied the red ends after stripping a piece of wire.

I was afraid to put anything around it that would dissolve in the gasoline so I just put a fat ziptie over the connection. Oh. had a hard time siphoning out the gas as local auto"SHOP" has no siphon pump and I tasted some gas a few times trying to get it to go so I quit.

Put the damn pump in and now the car wont start. Cranks, new battery "new" alternator 3 weeks ago. Started up for a sec twice but died even when i tried to pump the gas.
    Last edited by TakeNotes; 02-20-2012 at 06:39 PM.

nice DIY.

How is one supposed to replace the filter if you can't buy it? Buy a whole fuel pump assembly! ?

Quote Originally Posted by freeme62410 View Post
    How is one supposed to replace the filter if you can't buy it? Buy a whole fuel pump assembly! ?
    yea basically- they dont sell them separately. BTW guys i installed the new Deatchwerks 265 drop in pump last weekend and it was a breeze. no need for cutting or new fuel hose or anything- fit perfectly and works great- getting tuned this weekend on the new setup

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    BTW guys i installed the new Deatchwerks 265 drop in pump last weekend and it was a breeze. no need for cutting or new fuel hose or anything- fit perfectly and works great- getting tuned this weekend on the new setup
    Link?

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products...tank-fuel-pump

i dont have any pics but if you follow the install for the walbro 255 it should be self explanatory- it fits like the stock pump

If you purchase the walbro install kit, there is a filter that comes with the pump. If you are like me and need to change the filter in addition to the pump, and do not want to buy an oem pump just for the oem filter fitment, then you can do as follows:

1) Pry the metal stud off the filter side of the pump:

http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/...316_120529.jpg

2) Pull off the oem filter
    http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/...316_120545.jpg

3) VERY carefully, take a utility knife or dremel, and cut out the inner circle of the rubber fitting on the oem filter side as pictured:
    http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/...316_122301.jpg

4) Cut the other side of the bracket (where the submersible hose goes) off so the walbro pump fits in the bracket as the beginning of his DIY explains.

5)Fit together the orange fittings, and then install the pump into the bracket, and then install the walbro filter. I used pvc glue to make sure it stays on. When you are done, complete all the other steps of this DIY:
    http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/...316_122807.jpg

Thank you for this DIY!!
    Last edited by freeme62410; 03-16-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Never knew so much went into fuel pump install

Is this the fuel filter everyone is talking about?
    Has anyone changed out this Denso 9520020 Fuel Pre-Pump Filter?
    http://www.autohausaz.com/pn/9520020

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information