Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ephatch member

Mods to improve responsiveness

Hey

I don't have a lot of money to dump into this car (so no SC or Turbo...) so I think the NA mods are a little in vain, as I don't think I/H/E will net that much power to be noticeable. I suppose it's just for the sound.

So I'd like to get some mods that can improve the responsiveness of the car, I want it to react lightning quick. We're lucky that we don't have DBW (right?) so there's no delay there.

I'm thinking these will change the feeling of the car...

Buddy Club Short Shifter
    ES Engine Mounts
    Spark Plug/Wires ( ? )
    BuddyClub Grounding Condenser (has anyone tried this? I know a lot of Mazda guys that swear by this)
    Lighter flywheel/clutch ( ? starting to get $$$$ )

Thoughts?

obviously suspension but that's not really responsiveness.

hondata will improve responsiveness whether you get the reflash or kpro. i/rh/e/hondata will really top your car off.

Its kinda a waste of time to be honest man. Yes the esmm and bcss will help with responsiveness but ever so slightly. There are nology hot wires for our cars but are a complete waste and don't do anything. The condensor is another waste of money. You options are limited and you get VERY little gain when it comes to responsiveness. Like ^ said...reflash and I/RH/E will get you more power than anything.

ephatch member
    I want the short shifter anyway, I love having super short shifts so in that aspect it's worth it for me.

ESMM isn't worth it if I stay stock?

I suppose since our cars aren't DBW the condensor wont have much effect. Has anyone used it?

reflash and I/rH/E is $$$$$$$$$$$ and I'm afraid the little a3 wont really put enough grunt to justify the cost.

The flywheel will help the most for responsiveness. go/w race header to stock axleback/w the fly, you should be good to go.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by SPAM&RICE View Post
    The flywheel will help the most for responsiveness. go/w race header to stock axleback/w the fly, you should be good to go.
    Sorry for the newbness - what's "/the fly?"

Also, how about for braking? SS Brake Lines? Hawk HPS pads?

Don't forgot the throttle cable adjustment...I still need to do mine but scared if I tighten it too much

If you wanna stay N/A and keep the K20a3, I/RH/E is gonna be the only route to go in order to increase response. I'll tell you when I installed my race header the gain was definitely noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by kai-wun View Post
    I want the short shifter anyway, I love having super short shifts so in that aspect it's worth it for me.

ESMM isn't worth it if I stay stock?

I suppose since our cars aren't DBW the condensor wont have much effect. Has anyone used it?

reflash and I/rH/E is $$$$$$$$$$$ and I'm afraid the little a3 wont really put enough grunt to justify the cost.
    Get you the esmm...it is a great bang for the bucks. The fly is the flywheel.

Quote Originally Posted by epshtielsl View Post
    If you wanna stay N/A and keep the K20a3, I/RH/E is gonna be the only route to go in order to increase response. I'll tell you when I installed my race header the gain was definitely noticeable.
    when i installed my turbo the gain was also quite noticeable......

*adjust your throttle cable so it has less slack

*ESMM inserts to take slack out of your engine movement

*a engine torque dampener

All of these will improve your engines responsiveness

I just put a lightened flywheel and esmm and I can feel a difference in responsiveness. I also replaced my timing chain and guides car feels really tight now.

Quote Originally Posted by kai-wun View Post
    Hey

I don't have a lot of money to dump into this car (so no SC or Turbo...) so I think the NA mods are a little in vain, as I don't think I/H/E will net that much power to be noticeable. I suppose it's just for the sound.

So I'd like to get some mods that can improve the responsiveness of the car, I want it to react lightning quick. We're lucky that we don't have DBW (right?) so there's no delay there.

I'm thinking these will change the feeling of the car...

Buddy Club Short Shifter
    ES Engine Mounts
    Spark Plug/Wires ( ? )
    BuddyClub Grounding Condenser (has anyone tried this? I know a lot of Mazda guys that swear by this)
    Lighter flywheel/clutch ( ? starting to get $$$$ )

Thoughts?

obviously suspension but that's not really responsiveness.
    not for sound, i took off my header and Cai, and my car has a noticeable drop in power, trust me, they will gain more power than you think it will. All my top end is gone, i have a tiny bit more torque, but id trade it for the top end.

will esmm realli improve response? if so im gettn them only $25 from showstoppers last time i checked

this is arounda 800$ upgrade but skunk2 cam gears and cams will really help you out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information