Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

E85

Convert to E85, great engine response all arround

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Coming from someone who has had it all I will tell you that 300 dollars in parts will not make a significant difference in the car regardless of what you get. Yeah esmm are great for the price but will not get you anywhere in the grand scheme of things. My personal reccomendation is drop atleast 2k or don't waste your time. Putting on a bcss,cai, and esmm will not make you happy in the long run. But everyone has their own goals...make your own choice.
    I just don't think I should really touch the motor too much. BCSS should be pretty obvious, no? ESMM and CAI probably not, but it's still nice to have.

Suspension would also be done - sticky tires, springs, RSB, aggressive alignment...

Your best bet

CAI,RH,cat-back,esmm or TD, reflash or k-pro is better, get a prc mani for the a3.

I'm getting my k-pro soon (finally) with the cai,rh,cb,td, and the prc mani gaines are awesome for a basic motor and k-pro will top it off.

Quote Originally Posted by kai-wun View Post
    I just don't think I should really touch the motor too much. BCSS should be pretty obvious, no? ESMM and CAI probably not, but it's still nice to have.

Suspension would also be done - sticky tires, springs, RSB, aggressive alignment...
    For instance a BCSS will net you at most .03 off your 1/4 time...that is the equivalent of taking out your spare tire. Very minimal. I'm just giving my opinion ya know. I mean if you think you will be happy with that then go for it man.

ephatch member
    For instance a BCSS will net you at most .03 off your 1/4 time...that is the equivalent of taking out your spare tire. Very minimal. I'm just giving my opinion ya know. I mean if you think you will be happy with that then go for it man.
    I'm justifying the BCSS to the shorter throws of the shifter.... nothing to do with speed...

ephatch member
    Stick to your guns sir. Because once the speed bug bites you. Its hard not to get the disease!!

Quote Originally Posted by kai-wun View Post
    I'm justifying the BCSS to the shorter throws of the shifter.... nothing to do with speed...
    I know but what will it get you in the long run? Yes your throws will be shorter...how is that benefitting you? What is the purpose of this mod if it is not to go faster in some way shape or form?

get a BCSS, and slowly work your way up. I have the BCSS, BCRH, and DC exhaust with kpro. I love my setup. It just takes time to get responsivness. Responsivness = money point blank.

ephatch member
    I know but what will it get you in the long run? Yes your throws will be shorter...how is that benefitting you? What is the purpose of this mod if it is not to go faster in some way shape or form?
    I think the purpose of *ANY* mod is to improve the experience, to make driving more fun. Going fast or not isn't really my concern, as speeding tickets hurt (especially with young drivers in the GTA...)

CAI - for the sound
    BCSS - for the feeling of shorter shifts
    ESMM - reducing engine hop, more 'solid' car

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information