Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here's another DIY if anyone needed more info.

When swapping in the ukdm cluster there are a few lights that do not work. These lights are the backlighting for the heater controls. I worked on this a while ago and never did a real DIY so here it is. Feel free to PM me or post up questions in here.

wire cutters/strippers
    6 inches of 14awg wire (up to 4 feet if you choose the alt. grounding method)
    One ground loop
    crimpers
    electrical tape
    i think that is it

1. remove the cluster.

2. there are two plugs that were plugged into the cluster. Find the green one. here is a tip... it is green. In that plug there is a red wire. Be careful because there is a red wire with a black stripe and that is not the one you want. Now that you ahve double and triple checked that you have the solid red wire cut it. Make sure not ti cut it real close to the plug you want to be able to reattach it if you put your stock cluster back in.

3. You now have two sides of the red wire, cluster side and computer side. The cluster side is the side that is the side that is in the green plug and the computer side is the side that is in the harness and runs to a place where you cannot see. Tape up the cluster side or the red wire, you do not need this for anything.

4. Now take your wire and splice it onto the computer side of the red wire. Attach your ground loop to the other side of the wire and ground it to the support beam that is behind the cluster or to any other suitable place. If you do not have a ground loop or are lazy you can run the wire down to a factory ground point. There is one in the kick panel, but i never use it because i ground it behind the cluster like a previously stated.

5. Plug in your sexy *** UKDM cluster and turn on your lights and make sure it all works great.

Taken from a previous DIY so i take no credit.

Hello guys,
    I'm new in the forum and I have a question regarding the UKDM cluster. I just installed my cluster on my ep3 and everything works except my dash ( I'd already read a DIY on that) however, the turning arrow to turn right on the cluster it self doesn't work it doesn't come on at all, does someone know what the problem may be?

bulb might be out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information