Close

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I made a complete cover out of 1/2" mdf and a 12" grill over where the sub is. It doesn't make that much difference in sound, but I rarely need to haul anything, and I had to raise the floor in the rear about 5 inches, because the sub mount depth is about 9.5 inches. If I use the cover all the time I loose about another 2 inches, and it is at the same level as that rear hatch opening, and that makes that hatch really small.

Quote Originally Posted by black_02_si View Post
    I made a complete cover out of 1/2" mdf and a 12" grill over where the sub is. It doesn't make that much difference in sound, but I rarely need to haul anything, and I had to raise the floor in the rear about 5 inches, because the sub mount depth is about 9.5 inches. If I use the cover all the time I loose about another 2 inches, and it is at the same level as that rear hatch opening, and that makes that hatch really small.
    Gotcha, I had to bring mine up about 3 3/4-4" total I don't miss it that much considering I had NO hatch for 2 years

It's GREAT to have it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Gotcha, I had to bring mine up about 3 3/4-4" total I don't miss it that much considering I had NO hatch for 2 years

I like the way that yours looks, I would like to have have a full time cover on it but, with the choice sub, that is something that I have to live with. But I will take the trade for the sound that it gives me. I love the way it sounds, but is a deep A$$ sub, and POWER HUNGRY.

Wurd.

Chad, I love your system. Is your DIY still around? It was fantastic.
    I wish I could do the math to copy yours for a 12" sub that I have! I would like my trunk back with the same sound I have now.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ad.php?t=23845 here it is

Chad, do i have the permision to copy paste your DIY on ephatch so everyone can find it easily?

Quote Originally Posted by m_forys View Post
    Isn't this too much base for our small car?
    either you like the bass or you don't. most old farts hate it ahha. i love the bass b/c i only listen to rap music

Quote Originally Posted by black_02_si View Post
    Sorry the only had cell phone pics. Car is dirty, and needs to be cleaned. But dash, door handle inserts and power lock switch are all color matched NHBP. There in the rear under the cover is also a 1/3 octive processor, 5 farad cap. spair battery, The crossovers for the dimond D97.1 components. Also have a larger than stock Stinger battery under the hood and 2 runs of 0 gauge to the rear of the car.

i love your set up but damn ahah groceries though ahah. oh well

you post yers and I'll post how my hatch looked for 2 years in the "experimental phase"

Aw screw it...... Here ya go
    Let me clean some of the junk out of the hatch and I will post a pic! The box and amp that I am currently using are not going to stay in the car, I had to have my Rockford 8"s re-foamed (they used Cerwin-Vega red foam that is much sturdier). I do have a question for you, I don't want to mount my amps to the back seat, and under the fronts is out of the question. They are currently mounted on a piece of 1/2 inch plywood that has been painted, and is attached to the top of the box using heavy duty grill guides (ball and socket) like are used on speaker grills. I have been reading recently about how much damage this can cause to the amps and would like to be able to mount them in a similar fashion, but have them isolated from the vibration. Got any ideas?

The "ChAD" has one of the cleanest system I have ever seen and I enjoyed following your progress. You should post it up again so everyone can see how much work it was to have stock looking, usable trunk install.

Quote Originally Posted by ClouD View Post
    The "ChAD" has one of the cleanest system I have ever seen and I enjoyed following your progress. You should post it up again so everyone can see how much work it was to have stock looking, usable trunk install.
    I'm going to work on that this afternoon. The last thread was done as an "in progress" thread and what sucks about the new one is that a lot of information will be lost that came from ideas you all had given me and as well as the odd questions that I answered that caused me to re think a few things But it will be up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by m_forys View Post
    Isn't this too much base for our small car?
    I personally think it is, but to each their own.

Dustin; don't act like you know!

Quote Originally Posted by RON View Post
    Dustin; don't act like you know!

I posted a DIY on how to build the box on the old forum, but honestly am too lazy/busy to do that again right now.

Polk c400.4
    Polk c500.1
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 sub
    Polk carbon components in front
    Polk carbon 2-ways in the rear

Btw these are some tough ass speakers...I ran one of them over by accident (don't even ask...it was a very long day) and the basket didnt even bend. The speaker is still working just fine.
    Last edited by lleron; 04-25-2008 at 08:51 AM.

that polk kappa setup is tight!!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information