Close

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Has anyone that used T- taps had this issue "I would recommend soldering. or at the very least cutting and butt connecting at a very minimum. T-taps will fail much sooner, and usually cause more damage than anything. Especially for heavy gauge wires such as 12v power and ignition."? I have everything ready to get started but just want to make sure T-taps wont mess anything up in the long run. So let me know if it's safe.

vUpac
    very helpful thanks! bump bump

Quote Originally Posted by Mikebuen View Post
    Has anyone that used T- taps had this issue "I would recommend soldering. or at the very least cutting and butt connecting at a very minimum. T-taps will fail much sooner, and usually cause more damage than anything. Especially for heavy gauge wires such as 12v power and ignition."? I have everything ready to get started but just want to make sure T-taps wont mess anything up in the long run. So let me know if it's safe.
    I've used T-taps. But you need to make sure you get the right size for the wire. You don't want to use a t-tap for for a 16 gauge wire on a 12 gauge wire. Had it set up that way on my old stealth for about 2 years w/o issue.

so the black/white wire from brown harness goes to 30 on relay and wire pin and goes to the button starter wire ??? so confused

my hazard button don't light up anymore -_-

aright i have the red s2k button but im still having trouble figuring out the wiring and like how would i make it so i don't need the key to be put in i just want a keyless start with a sensor knowing my key is in the car. like the luxury cars you know what i mean. or do i always have to put the car on acc and i just have to push the button. btw do i still need to step on the clutch to do that?

w00t for redheads! NitroBoarder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueEP3 View Post
    aright i have the red s2k button but im still having trouble figuring out the wiring and like how would i make it so i don't need the key to be put in i just want a keyless start with a sensor knowing my key is in the car. like the luxury cars you know what i mean. or do i always have to put the car on acc and i just have to push the button. btw do i still need to step on the clutch to do that?
    can't be done. the s2k button is DESIGNED to be used WITH a key...you can bypass your clutch if you want, but I don't know how. and yes, you turn the key to acc. to give power to the button (because it's wired to an ignition source) and then pushing in the button does the same thing as cranking the key.

I <3 whitechapel illusionsoflife's Avatar
    i heard girls love this. is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by illusionsoflife View Post
    Oh yeah... girls love it.... they are all experts at pushing buttons :tehehe:

did this last week and i love it1

Quote Originally Posted by illusionsoflife View Post
    women love to start my engine

I have had mine done for a while. Works fine and lights up everytime. SOMETIMES though, maybe 1 out of 10 times it wont start the car. I press the button and it makes a click noise but doesn't start the vehicle. Yes I have the clutch pressed in and the key turned, haha.

Just wanted to say... JUST ORDERED MINES TODAY!!!!... :-)

Lots of good info in here. I feel like all the relay how to info needs to be added to the first post. The official DIY shouldnt be for a method that is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post
    Lots of good info in here. I feel like all the relay how to info needs to be added to the first post. The official DIY shouldnt be for a method that is incorrect.
    That's exactly how I felt when I did mines, cuz if your one of those people who just read the DIY and not the rest of the comments then you will wonder why you burnt the button out. The wiring diagram with the relay should be added.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information