Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisagame24 View Post
    there is a way to reset it just using a paper clip and good timing...... the DIY should still be on the site
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=308198

Quote Originally Posted by kep3si View Post
    I found 2 different ways and tried both and didn't work. Saw another meant for when installing racing bucket seats and it worked on the video took his srs lights off but I don't know if it will work since he didn't remove the steering wheel just his seats?
    The link I posted will reset your SRS light so long as there aren;t any issues with the SRS system. If the light doesn't go off, it could be a issue outside of the steering wheel wiring/install. The SRS system will give you DTC codes, you can look up the code to get a better idea on what the issue is. It could be a seat belt buckle issue. A few techs at Honda and Acura have told me that the 7th gen civics and rsx's have faulty seat belt buckles. I brought my civic in for this once and they replaced it no questions asked. So long as you have not altered your SRS system, the seat belts IIRC have a lifetime warranty.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Ok thanks I will try it out and hopefully it works n get back with the results. The srs light wasn't on until I removed the steering wheel to change it since it has a huge hole but I put the same air bag back so I don't think it's the buckles maybe I did a few mistakes while installing

People who are going to replace your steering wheel, PLEASE don't be like me and manually pull the wheel off. it'll pop right off without you even seeing it coming and then your srs reel will un ravel and if you don't roll it back up and install it correctly it will break at a full turn. And cost you like it did me $100 to get a replacement -.-
    BUT! if you do decide to not waste your money on a steering wheel puller the trick to just doing it manually is when you got it all disassembled don't take off the nut off fully holding down the steering wheel just leave a cm or so in between it as a safety catch for when it releases from the hub.
    Just my 2 cents to save you guys $100...

How do u get DTC codes from the srs system? What tool or machine in needed?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information