Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I went to Honda and they tell me it's 8.95$ for each bulb and there is 10 in the cluster so that means 90$ of Bulbs... So I asked them the part number and left to see if I can get these cheaper online.

Honda Part#: 35505-SA5-003

Quote Originally Posted by Jmage View Post
    I went to Honda and they tell me it's 8.95$ for each bulb and there is 10 in the cluster so that means 90$ of Bulbs... So I asked them the part number and left to see if I can get these cheaper online.

Honda Part#: 35505-SA5-003
    I usually buy parts from Majestic Honda http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...)&vinsrch=null. I double check the cost from what you said and compare it to Majestic. Their selling them 2.98 ea. total $41.65 but thats not including the international pricing? I went to superbrightleds.com http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...s%2F74_t15.htm and bought 10 (T1.5-RHP) $2.79ea and shipped out for a total of $32.29.

Back of my cluster-oem bulb (left) and led bulb (right)

Installed

Quote Originally Posted by quik6rr View Post
    Hey, I have a quick question, does the bulb pull out from the little black plastic connector? I went to the parts store to buy new bulbs, but they don't have the plastic piece that holds the bulb into the back of the cluster, thanks!
    I tried taking the bulb out which I couldn't so.... a couple mins later.

Quote Originally Posted by crazykoreanep View Post
    I usually buy parts from Majestic Honda http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...)&vinsrch=null.
    Yeah, just ordered 10 bulb from this website = 42$ total + Custom UPS fees for me :(. Will see how much it will cost when it comes to my house lol

I dunno if it's your camera or not but I don't really like the lightning of your cluster it doesn't seems to be bright evenly.

Some people are wondering how to get the needles to line up properly after they have removed them. Here's how I did it:
    1. Pull the cluster out completely
    2. Remove the clear plastic cover from the front of the cluster, using your thumbs to release the tabs. Make sure not to touch or soil the inside of the clear cover, or you'll have a shit time trying to get it clean again.
    3. Remove the needles by pulling evenly on the center of them, and gently using a flathead screwdriver as a pry. Make sure your fingers are clean, or you'll soil the white face of the bezel.
    4. Put the cluster assembly back in, and plug in the wire harness clips.
    5. Turn the key to the ON position, but don't start the car.
    6. At this point, the speedometer, tachometer, and temperature-ometer (?) should read at the lowest notch (but not your fuel gauge); so line up the needles to the lowest notch, and gently push them on.
    7. To line up your fuel gauge, turn the car off, and then press the needle on just below the lowest notch. OR...
    7a. To more accurately line up your fuel gauge, go drive your car until you run out of fuel, and then line up the needle. OR...
    7b. Go fill up your tank, and line the needle up to the highest notch.
    8. Now push the clear cover back onto your gauge cluster until it snaps on all around the edges.
    9. Tighten the mounting screws, and then push the trim piece back on.

Now, when you turn on your car (without starting the engine), only the fuel gauge should move. If your tach or speedo move, repeat the steps until it's right on.

This worked for me just now, so I hope it helps someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by crazykoreanep View Post
    I usually buy parts from Majestic Honda
    OMG Just checked my email and they replied to me that they don't ship to Canada anymore because of stupid people that did shit to them (well they did not say it like that but anyway...) Now I must find another dealer to order my bulb and now my RPM bulb is burn. It's getting darker and darker in the EP3 at night lol

Quote Originally Posted by groovezog View Post
    2. Remove the clear plastic cover from the front of the cluster, using your thumbs to release the tabs. Make sure not to touch or soil the inside of the clear cover, or you'll have a shit time trying to get it clean again.
    And NOW you tell me this!! I had the "brilliant" idea of cleaning the interior of it and now I can't get it as clean as before for f*** sake! There is still a damn stain right above my RPM gauge now, poor me and esthetic But thanks for the great info!

My backlight was all out except for the bulb lighting the gas and engine temperature, so I replaced all my backlight bulbs with LEDs. I was wondering if anyone knew why I still have some dim spots on my cluster?

oops.... found what i believe to be my problem:
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...cluster+is+dim

thank you EPhatch!

helpful DIY.

Super easy tool me 5 mins. And most of that was trying to take out the bulb from its socket lol

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andre_ep3 View Post
    my ep came with a cheap ebay adjustable glow cluster and when i took it off i messed up my mph needle, now it doesnt even work, any way to fix this?
    try adjusting the needle as the car is on and idleing

great i might get the JDM TYPE R soon.

so im ganna remove it soon jus wondering . . . .

i want to make the light bright wat am i looking at ??

any modifications ?? or just different bulb ??

sorry for the dumb question .

DIY: Cluster Removal

Quote Originally Posted by jaysNep3 View Post
    so im ganna remove it soon jus wondering . . . .

i want to make the light bright wat am i looking at ??

any modifications ?? or just different bulb ??

sorry for the dumb question .
    Not sure I understand what you mean. You want to make the cluster brighter? Just turn the brightness knob. If not that, then replace the bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsle View Post
    Not sure I understand what you mean. You want to make the cluster brighter? Just turn the brightness knob. If not that, then replace the bulbs.
    well yeah i kno about the knob....but i think its not enough ....replace them with same new stock ones or different ones ???

Psykoasn, could we get the photos reposted on this?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information