Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ephatch member

Custom gold IM and spark plug covers

These are updated pics. Ended up painting the battery tie and the piece thats holds that hose next to the spark plug cover.

My brother in law and I were painting the rims on the RX8. turned out pretty good. I had about half a can left so I decided to waste it. I havn't seen anyone with a gold IM cover so I thought I should go for it. Let me know what you guys think. I may need to do a couple more coats. Sorry for the bad pics. off my cell phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RJEP; 04-24-2008 at 08:46 PM.

looks good.

ephatch member
    Thanks. It could use a couple more coats though. It looks too light. but then again I don't have the best camera.

wow man that looks incredibly clean!!! great idea and great job...you have excellent taste haha (i havnt seen something that clean done to the covers in the engine bay before, i just went silver vc and silver covers)
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

looks good to me. i wish i could say the same thing about the wing you sold to me back in the day...i got lazy and didnt take care of CF like i should of n the clear coat is shot now.

That looks super clean. Good job!

ephatch member
    I have been kicking myself in the ass since that day cause I wished I never sold it..lol.. i waxed it every weekend. Is it really bad? Wanna sell it back to meI have a nuespeed front strut bar in flat black and a ebay rear strut bar that i would trade you. name your price.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Shark View Post
    looks good to me. i wish i could say the same thing about the wing you sold to me back in the day...i got lazy and didnt take care of CF like i should of n the clear coat is shot now.

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    wow.. thats really tight.

The gold and silver look amazing.

great job...

What paint did you use and also how did you re apply the ivtec logo plate? I want to do this, make this into a DIY please!!!

ephatch member
    I used Dupli-Color Engine Enamel for high heat resistant. I actually didn't preapply the covers at all. I was thinking of sanding it a little, but i just did light thin coats, waited 5-10 mins in between to cover up then did some thicker coats. I did not remove the
    I-VTEC. .lol..I just covered it with painters tape. if anyone has done at least minimal spray painting, this is an easy DIY project. Heck if anyone local would like thiers painted, I can do it for them. just hook it up with a big mac or starbucks or something..

I really like it! Do you have gold rims? If you did you would be color cordinating! LOL

looks sharp.....damn, all these hot girls in av's is distracting me too much!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SyckSiR View Post
    looks sharp.....damn, all these hot girls in av's is distracting me too much!!!!
    LOL best reply evaaaar..the one in black made me forget about how clean the paint job was.....

ephatch member
    Not yet. still looking for the right set. I am actually thinking of getting a paint job though.

Quote Originally Posted by RON View Post
    I really like it! Do you have gold rims? If you did you would be color cordinating! LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information