Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yakov456 View Post
    As always I am jealous. Have you ever thought of doing some sort of bloggish type of thing next time you go over? Probably not enough time huh. I'm looking forward to when I go in May, got tickets to a Tigers game in Osaka, going to have to learn the cheers though so I don't get yelled at.

And thanks for taking the time to post all of those up.

No need to be jealous. You go to Japan, too. I'd like to do some sort of blog-type thing, but I wouldn't know how and besides...there are so many JDM-related blogs out there that I'd just be one of the thousands. I wouldn't know how to get the word out to people to check it out, too. I'd rather keep these pics exclusive to EPHatch. I used to post on NASIOC, Honda-TEch, JDM-CIVIC, and a couple other forums, but my pictures ended up on other websites with other people taking the credit! Grrr

Funny story about the Giants VS Tigers game I went to. My friends, who bought the tickets, put us in the Tigers section. I had all my Giants gear on, then I realized I was among Tigers fans in the stands. That was NOT cool. My friends were laughing to no end.

those are fantastic pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    No need to be jealous. You go to Japan, too. I'd like to do some sort of blog-type thing, but I wouldn't know how and besides...there are so many JDM-related blogs out there that I'd just be one of the thousands. I wouldn't know how to get the word out to people to check it out, too. I'd rather keep these pics exclusive to EPHatch. I used to post on NASIOC, Honda-TEch, JDM-CIVIC, and a couple other forums, but my pictures ended up on other websites with other people taking the credit! Grrr

Funny story about the Giants VS Tigers game I went to. My friends, who bought the tickets, put us in the Tigers section. I had all my Giants gear on, then I realized I was among Tigers fans in the stands. That was NOT cool. My friends were laughing to no end.
    Oooo, thats not good. But it was at the Tokyo dome right? So at least that part made it a little easier to take. Should have kicked your friends in the balls after that one. I really like the view from your old apartment too, a view like that would be at sort of a premium I would think, not so expensive?

May wind Oct. rain
    F#$ken ultimate thread ever!!!

I spent 45 minutes looking at these photos...thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by yakov456 View Post
    Oooo, thats not good. But it was at the Tokyo dome right? So at least that part made it a little easier to take. Should have kicked your friends in the balls after that one. I really like the view from your old apartment too, a view like that would be at sort of a premium I would think, not so expensive?
    Yeah, it was at Tokyo Dome. I would NEVER wear Tokyo Giants clothing anywhere NEAR Osaka...unless I wanted to die or be severely beaten.

That apartment was cheap. It was in Gotanda, which isn't exactly an expensive place to live (for Tokyo standards). It was $1,200 a month.

Here's where it was....
    http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?hl=ja&...9%A7%85&tab=wl

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownally View Post
    I spent 45 minutes looking at these photos...thanks for sharing!

?!?!?!

Do you have 14.4K??

Yeah, it was at Tokyo Dome. I would NEVER wear Tokyo Giants clothing anywhere NEAR Osaka...unless I wanted to die or be severely beaten.
    Is the rivalry really that serious?

Thanks for sharing man, those pictures made my day.. do you have more?

thanks for bringing some of the pics back, terrence.
    we enjoyed them as always.

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    Is the rivalry really that serious?

It was a SLIGHT exaggeration.

Die-hard Tokyo Giants fans don't care if you wear Tigers clothing in Tokyo. They have this arrogant attitude about their baseball team, they may even pity Tigers fans. The Tigers fans are the opposite. They love their team with a passion. All Tigers fans memorize each chant (or cheer) for each player and they sing it whenever that player is up at bat. Sports bars in Osaka are at a dead silence whenever the Tigers are up at bat, and if you disturb the room...you'll get booted out. It's pretty serious.

When I was at that game, this guy had a Tokyo Giants mascot doll's neck tied to a noose and was swinging him around on a baseball bat. After the game (The Tigers won), I saw a bunch of Tigers fans beating and shredding Giants mascots (toys, not the guy in the costume) while chanting the Tigers song. They're nuts.

So, realistically, if I were to walk down downtown Osaka with a Tokyo Giants baseball cap and jersey in the middle of baseball season, I will get harassed and possibly have things thrown at me. Even more so if the Tigers had just lost to the Giants. If I wore Tigers gear in the dead center of Tokyo and the Giants just lost to the Tigers...nobody would care.

Tokyo Giants = $$$ We Can Buy Any Player We Need $$$

Quote Originally Posted by wilpezash View Post
    Thanks for sharing man, those pictures made my day.. do you have more?

MyDocuments/MyPictures/Japan/

*Right click, properties*

7,267 files.

Yep, I've got more.

Hahah coolest things i saw in this thread...

1. SPOON van
    2. "Mega" Mac haha
    3. Sushi at a ball game (beats a dodger dog any day)
    4. All the damn Type R's

tragedymakelongpost
    That's not so scary. It sounds like any Saturday in any college football game.

Oh, BTW, here is a YouTube video I made of random clips around Tokyo.
    The quality is really bad, but you get the idea. IT was taken with a small
    Casio EXILIM point-and-shoot. The music is Nine Inch Nails' "Beside You In Time"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2erdhyWpug

And here's my friend Gary (pictured wiping his car) racing a Skyline GTS-T
    (This video is REALLY old!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mAjXIJi8hM

And here is Gary (SN: Xavior) now, with one of his toys. A highly modded Ferrari 355

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...HpPQlgT_uP2uBA

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information