Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    subscribed...i might be driving ~90miles a day/5 days a week

...currently have tein basics
    Last edited by lil_Eggy; 04-22-2008 at 09:07 PM.

megan racing coilovers for 900.
    or ground control w/ koni's
    s-techs with d-specs

im running konis with tein s techs...my vote is atleast go konis and pick a spring that fits your needs
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

adjustability for a daily driver is overrated and hyped up like front strut bars.

you shouldnt have to pay more than $700 for a decent setup. tokico HPK (blues w/matched springs) is only ~$550.

i just ordered the n+, youll have to wait to get your hands on a set of progress coilovers

The bad thing about the buddy club N+ is that you cant send them back to get them revalved. Thats the only bad thing I can think of. Tein and progress you can send back.

College Budget.
    I got Tokico HP/H&R, Comptech Rear Sway, and camber kit and Im happy with it. And theres plenty of sweet mountains near my house

Think of getting Tokico Dspecs with H&R Springs, camer kit and progress rear sway. Then it would be a most definately fun car to drive.

Tokico HP Blues.....with progress springs

i like the shock/lowering spring combo.

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    adjustability for a daily driver is overrated and hyped up like front strut bars.

you shouldnt have to pay more than $700 for a decent setup. tokico HPK (blues w/matched springs) is only ~$550.
    bullshit! adjustability still has its place on the street (unless you were saying you dont need coilovers, and in that case i agree with you, non autox/track street car does not need coilovers), dialing in your suspension still makes a huge difference just like your alignment being dialed in...
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    bullshit! adjustability still has its place on the street (unless you were saying you dont need coilovers, and in that case i agree with you, non autox/track street car does not need coilovers), dialing in your suspension still makes a huge difference just like your alignment being dialed in...
    you should really read this.....This guys suspension kungFu is strong

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

for the buddy clubs, you can take them back to any legit shop that deals with suspensions and they will revalve it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    i think he meant things like dampening and ride height.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MugsyTheGr8 View Post
    i think he meant things like dampening and ride height.
    If you read my link, you will see they guy has found that most adjustment knobs are junk.

Quote Originally Posted by mustclime View Post
    you should really read this.....This guys suspension kungFu is strong

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html
    thanks, but i have to say that i dont agree that they dont do anything, adjustment makes a difference, im not trying to start a fight here...some shocks are going to be junk on adjustments, some arent...i buy good shocks...

i guess i was a little harsh so sorry about that, not bullshit, just wouldnt scare people away from adjustable shocks...

now i will admit that if hte person buying the shocks doesnt know anything about suspension, they will more than likely dial themselves out of performance, so going the non adjustable route is probably the best...and that there is another reason why i think most people running coilovers shouldnt be...most people have no need for coilovers, and most have no clue what the point is or how to set them up...

if the og wants shocks and wont be able to set them up properly, i vote bilsteins (unless there is an issue with internal bumpstops and lowering, which i havnt looked into with the ep...)
    Last edited by RedSiBaron; 04-23-2008 at 08:50 AM.
    my ep is white...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information