Close

Thread: Please help!

Please help!

I am looking to get an exhaust. I am still looking at the different types of exhaust. What is the difference between the stainless and the ceramic coated header? Is it better to install a test pipe or not? I am looking for a deep sound not anything whiney. Any help from ya'll would help. Thanks.

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    by getting a race header or a test pipe its going to make the car a lot louder. when i had a greddy evo2 with my race header i loved how it sounded.... very queit when just driving around town or what ever but when it got to the upper rpms it screamed

stainless steel wont (shouldnt anyways) rust and ceramic is just a coating and the headers will usually turn brownish and ug' ...but most dont give a crap cause ur probably referring to the headers anyways. i dont think iv ever seen an exhaust thats not stainless steal, sometimes you'll titanium but then ur paying 1000$+

if u want not to loud it was discussed in another thread but greddy evo2 is quiter, imo (i might get yelled at lol) stay away from teh buddy club, skunk2 and magnaflow exhausts, u wont like the sound of those from what u explained u wanted, tehre really loud.

also, using a test pipe or race header will not pass emissions (illegal because it deletes cat). i personally feel a short header is useless, but that's just an opinion.

the only full cat-back exhaust i can think of that is NOT full stainless steel is the Apexi WS2; only the muffler is.

i've heard the apexi ws2 in fairly quiet.

i use to have a tanabe medalion touring and it was also quiet.

in terms of performance, just pick one you like. they'll net roughly the same numbers. unless you're running forced induction.

usually, a round canister will be deeper. oval canisters are usually quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by i3urton_31 View Post
    stainless steel wont (shouldnt anyways) rust and ceramic is just a coating and the headers will usually turn brownish and ug' ...but most dont give a crap cause ur probably referring to the headers anyways. i dont think iv ever seen an exhaust thats not stainless steal, sometimes you'll titanium but then ur paying 1000$+

if u want not to loud it was discussed in another thread but greddy evo2 is quiter, imo (i might get yelled at lol) stay away from teh buddy club, skunk2 and magnaflow exhausts, u wont like the sound of those from what u explained u wanted, tehre really loud.
    Yeah I was talking about the header. I guess I will just go with the stainless header. I have never seen a ceramic coated exhaust. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by EP-solo View Post
    also, using a test pipe or race header will not pass emissions (illegal because it deletes cat). i personally feel a short header is useless, but that's just an opinion.

the only full cat-back exhaust i can think of that is NOT full stainless steel is the Apexi WS2; only the muffler is.

i've heard the apexi ws2 in fairly quiet.

i use to have a tanabe medalion touring and it was also quiet.

in terms of performance, just pick one you like. they'll net roughly the same numbers. unless you're running forced induction.

usually, a round canister will be deeper. oval canisters are usually quiet.
    I don't have to worry about emissions where I live. I just really can't decide what I want to do. I have actually found a Megan setup. It has the stainless header, testpipe and a drift spec cat back exhaust. I thought about just going with that.

If you don't have to worry about emissions where you live then I would go all out Full race header - ssr, hytech, buddyclub, etc. with any other type of exhaust...

Thread Information