Close

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Have you tried the EM2 front sway, did/would that give more clearance than the (made for race headers) Toda? I've been reading around other forums, and some people have had luck making sway bars fit with adjustable endlinks. Any thoughts?

Thanks

just take it to an exhaust shop and have them fix it for you, thats all i did...still using the stock ep3 sway bar

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ep-unit View Post
    what is everyone revving the k24a1(no type-s oil pump) to?
    I wouldn't rev a k24a1 past 7400-7500. It's more of a limitation of stock rotating assembly speed rather than the oil pump

I used my stock EP exhaust manifold and there was no need to extend the downpipe. I also had no clearance issues with the stock sway bar.

It took me 5 days total to finish swapping in the K24A1. One day of that was strictly cleaning oil and gunk from the engine bay. My car started right up and and the engine runs smooth. It's like driving a different car almost. Thanks to everybody who contributed information here because my swap went pretty smooth considering this was my first engine swap.
    Last edited by Kumar; 01-24-2011 at 11:02 PM.

What do I need to drop these motors in my car?
    The K24a1 and K24a4 can run on the stock ep3 ecu if you put in 310cc injectors from the rsx type s*. Kpro is a must for a k24a2 or a K24a3. Kpro is reccomended for all of these motors though. All of these motors require a specific header to clear the front sway or you can run without a front sway. A few headers that clear the front sway are the ep or type s specific dcrh or Strup, JRRH(hits slightly), SSR, Hytech. You need to use the exhaust gasket from the motor you are putting in.You need the passenger side motor mount from a crv to put any of these babies in your car. Check the link below and there is a picture of it and a link to buy it.
    ************************************************** **************************
    Anyone know what year rsx type s race header from DC sports you get? 05-06 or 02-04???

I got a question about the bolt-on issue with a K24A1 swap.
    I've been running a 05 Type-S OEM header/cat/midpipe for years now. The diameter increase over the A3 OEM is pretty modest. You guys think it would still run lean?

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    I got a question about the bolt-on issue with a K24A1 swap.
    I've been running a 05 Type-S OEM header/cat/midpipe for years now. The diameter increase over the A3 OEM is pretty modest. You guys think it would still run lean?
    You mean if you use the stock ECU and 310's with that combo?

Yeah. Assuming I can't find the cams I need, it might be time to call it and just go ahead and swap. If so, I'd need to start assembling the necessary bits as quickly/cheaply as possible.
    Sold off most of the OEM exhaust when I switched, so I'm kinda filling in holes in knowledge ASAP here

What cams do you need?

And yes you would be fine with 310's on the stock ECU. The restrictive cat is the most important thing in that setup. If you were running the stock airbox, you would be even better... but i know of k24a1's on 310's and the stock ECU with a CAI, raceheader and aftermarket catback that didnt run lean. You should be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    What cams do you need?

And yes you would be fine with 310's on the stock ECU. The restrictive cat is the most important thing in that setup. If you were running the stock airbox, you would be even better... but i know of k24a1's on 310's and the stock ECU with a CAI, raceheader and aftermarket catback that didnt run lean. You should be just fine.

Ran this setup for well over a year never had any issues, besides a bad o2 lol. Ran great aswell.

Very cool.
    I'm trying to find someone with simple used A3 OEM cams, as I've just discovered my exhaust side is galled like a mofo. Funny thing is, last time I had it open for valve lash, I didn't see any symptoms.
    At any rate, after 200k+ miles, I'm seriously wondering how much life the motor has left even if I do switch out the cams for a fresh pair.
    A swap has always been in the long-term goals, starting to think now might just be the right time.

You would be surprised the life a well maintained Honda engine might have. Im all for a k24 swap... been there done that. But its always nice to swap when you WANT to... not cause you HAVE to. It lets you choose your path, spend your money, and do it right the first time.

Is all you need an EX cam? I should have a spare... ill check if you think it will help ya out.

Yeah, if you wouldn't mind.
    I've had a couple of bites but always good to have as many sources as possible!

As far as new cams vs. swap, it's just kinda a tricky moment. Frankly, I worry there might be some unseen damage from the cam going south on me, and when it comes down to it, the assurance of having a fresh engine that I can count on to hang in there for a few years wouldn't be the worst thing in the world LOL.

I'm kinda close to that tipping point where maintaining an old engine just isn't worth the effort.
    Anyway, this has turned in to a thread jack, PM if you have a cam or set available.

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    I'd rather swap the motor than the cam IMO. It's not a crazy amount of work, but I'd rather put those labor hours towards a solid motor. That's if it's in the budget anyhow.

I don't believe the K24A1 cams are the same as the A3, but I've got an extra set you're welcome to if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Yeah, if you wouldn't mind.
    I've had a couple of bites but always good to have as many sources as possible!

As far as new cams vs. swap, it's just kinda a tricky moment. Frankly, I worry there might be some unseen damage from the cam going south on me, and when it comes down to it, the assurance of having a fresh engine that I can count on to hang in there for a few years wouldn't be the worst thing in the world LOL.

I'm kinda close to that tipping point where maintaining an old engine just isn't worth the effort.
    Anyway, this has turned in to a thread jack, PM if you have a cam or set available.
    I understand that logic for sure. Ill check the garage today and let you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Heitzke View Post
    I'd rather swap the motor than the cam IMO. It's not a crazy amount of work, but I'd rather put those labor hours towards a solid motor. That's if it's in the budget anyhow.

I don't believe the K24A1 cams are the same as the A3, but I've got an extra set you're welcome to if needed.
    k24a1 and k20a3 cams are the same.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information