Close

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    I got a extra set of a1 cams, both intake and exhaust they look great

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Safeway View Post
    Read this thread. Gooood info. I have a couple reassurances.

1. K24a2 swap, for the rbb if i have the karcepts adapter. Can I run my injen sp1576 CAI?
    2. I only want to swap over the k24a2 longblock, will I need to use different coolant lines?
    3. And coolant port on the head, since I would be using the the stock rbb I wouldn't need to worry about it.
    4. I have a Mugen ep3 spec header that I do not want to get rid of, can I use the em2 sway and be ok? Or will I have to use no sway, if that's the case, what the advantages and disadvantages? My goal for the k24a2 is to have a kick ass daily motor and that's it. no racing or anything.
    5. 440 cc injectors ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by vbpracer View Post
    You can use the stock coolent lines, main difference really is the extra one running to the head.

You will not be able to use your cai. The RBB manifold inlet sits at an angle, making the tb sit at the same angle, not allowing it to fit.
    what is the extra coolant line vbpracer is talking about?
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

there is no extra coolant line to the head, i used all the original ones and not one more or one less

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    there is no extra coolant line to the head, i used all the original ones and not one more or one less
    got it. thanks man. thanks to everyone that chimed into this thread. it's been a huge help
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

What all is needed for k24a2 swap?
    P2R CRV bracket or stock
    KPro
    Removing heat wrap on hood
    Bending frame a bit for IM to fit
    Tapping of the coolant port or something of that sort?
    Am i missing anything?

Going SSR header and RRC intake manifold plus hasport mounts.
    Anything else? Thanks

You can use either one, P2R cost more but it is lighter...not that it makes any difference at all
    You don't have to bend the radiator support, you have to trim it but if you take it off first and bend it back than slide the mani in you wont have to trim anything. It will be a tight fit and you're gonna have to bend the hood prop a bit to clear the mani. Your choice though
    You don't need to tap anything, I didn't have to do anything when I bolted the rbc on which is the same thing as the rrc sizewise
    if the k24a2 swap doesn't come with all of the sensors, most swap over from the k20a3

I have few questions about K24A2 swap in ep3. I am planning to use stock k24 IM RBB +spacer and stock TB. What intake will fit? I have injen cai. I have ep3 dc shorty. Is it going to fit k24 and clear front way bar ? Planning to use it till I buy better headers. Is DC5 vibrant RH going to fit in ep3 ? What clutch and flywheel is recommended for k24 + stock 5sp tranny ?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RhINoX^ View Post
    I have few questions about K24A2 swap in ep3. I am planning to use stock k24 IM RBB +spacer and stock TB. What intake will fit? I have injen cai. I have ep3 dc shorty. Is it going to fit k24 and clear front way bar ? Planning to use it till I buy better headers. Is DC5 vibrant RH going to fit in ep3 ? What clutch and flywheel is recommended for k24 + stock 5sp tranny ?
    Thanks!
    the injen cai wont fit, you're gonna need to custom fab an intake to work with that manifold. I just had an old short ram laying around and cut it shorter, did the job for the time being. Probably won't clear the front sway or it will hit the body, either one.

Quote Originally Posted by RhINoX^ View Post
    Thanks!
    You won't clear the sway bar. I never had an issue without having one in. When I went to my 70mm exhaust it would hit the body a lot until I got stiffer engine mounts.

Use a type s spec flywheel and ep spec clutch. Go stage 2 to make up for the new added tq.

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    You won't clear the sway bar. I never had an issue without having one in. When I went to my 70mm exhaust it would hit the body a lot until I got stiffer engine mounts.

Use a type s spec flywheel and ep spec clutch. Go stage 2 to make up for the new added tq.
    I thought you had to have a type S clutch if you used a type S flywheel? Not certain, but it seems like that's what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    I thought you had to have a type S clutch if you used a type S flywheel? Not certain, but it seems like that's what I heard.
    I have used 2 ep spec clutches in my swap with the type s flywheel. The only dif on the flywheels is the type s has a larger surface for the clutch disc to grab on to.

I have used 2 ep spec clutches in my swap with the type s flywheel. The only dif on the flywheels is the type s has a larger surface for the clutch disc to grab on to.
    Ok, fair enough.

i thought the pin layout was different between the dc5 & ep3 specs.
    Green Crew #7

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    i thought the pin layout was different between the dc5 & ep3 specs.
    I'm pretty sure it is. I believe it has a different pattern. I can check tomorrow. I have the ep3 and dc5s flywheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is. I believe it has a different pattern. I can check tomorrow. I have the ep3 and dc5s flywheel.
    They are, but most clutch manufacturers make the ep3 clutch kits for use with the type-s flywheel. At least that's how mine came. I've used SPEC(which is on my part out thread to see what it looks like) and have an ACT in use with an Exedy Type-s flywheel. Didn't have to modify either.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information