Close

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Thanks guys for the replies.
    So which clutch kit is recommended? I am still running stock clutch,my EP3 only has 70k km. I also have motor mounts inserts.Are those good enough or I have to buy aftermarket mounts ? Which headers are best for NA K24a2 swap? I have 2.5" vibrant cat-back as well.
    I am still going to use stock k24a2 IM RBB. Will build custom intake 3" or 3.5".Which would be better ? Will be any benefits from 3.5" intake on stock 06+ cams ?

k24a2 + stock front sway + JRRH & Test Pipe + HKS Hi-Power Exhaust = fitttttt? Rattles? Banging?
    Oh yea, Innovative motor mounts too.. Idk if it'll help or change anything, but I figured it could..

I've asked around and heard and read that it does work, and i've heard I might have issues..

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    k24a2 + stock front sway + JRRH & Test Pipe + HKS Hi-Power Exhaust = fitttttt? Rattles? Banging?
    Oh yea, Innovative motor mounts too.. Idk if it'll help or change anything, but I figured it could..

I've asked around and heard and read that it does work, and i've heard I might have issues..
    K24a2 sits higher. Depending on exhaust size it will hit the body. My 70mm did. But when I put in innovative 75a mounts. It took care of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    K24a2 sits higher. Depending on exhaust size it will hit the body. My 70mm did. But when I put in innovative 75a mounts. It took care of the problem.
    The stiffness of motor mounts you choose won't matter will it?

It might. Stiffer motor mounts will keep you motor from moving as much, and if the motor doesn't move as much the exhaust might not hit the bottom of the car, or the sway bar.

65a is basically an OE replacement with better material. 75a is much stiffer (didn't have vibration unless in low rpm slowing down) 85a is semi solid. So yes, it will make a difference.

Hmm.. Just sucks cause you don't know til you're in there swapping it out.. Buying a new, inferior race header to complete the swap isn't going to make me too happy if that is the case.. Not to mention I will be under a time constraint cause that's my only car. Haha

Hmm.. Just sucks cause you don't know til you're in there swapping it out.. Buying a new, inferior race header to complete the swap isn't going to make me too happy if that is the case.. Not to mention I will be under a time constraint cause that's my only car. Haha
    I ran into all the problems too. Took that much longer to figure out the problem, then find the part, then order.

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    I ran into all the problems too. Took that much longer to figure out the problem, then find the part, then order.
    Running without a front sway will be fine for the time being, but buying a new header is just a no no.. I know for a fact my header is EP3 specific, I already am cutting it close though on the O2 sensor wires on the under body of the car, so with this being raised a bit.. Crap, I don't know.. I guess we'll have to just wait and see.
    *fingers crossed*

Running without a front sway will be fine for the time being, but buying a new header is just a no no.. I know for a fact my header is EP3 specific, I already am cutting it close though on the O2 sensor wires on the under body of the car, so with this being raised a bit.. Crap, I don't know.. I guess we'll have to just wait and see.
    *fingers crossed*
    You can use a shorty header. It's a tight fit but works. I used that set up for a couple months before getting a race header

Will the ep3s stock wiring harness work with a k24a2? If not does the tsx engine and charge harness just simpley plug in? I know kpro would be a must but just curious on the wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    Will the ep3s stock wiring harness work with a k24a2? If not does the tsx engine and charge harness just simpley plug in? I know kpro would be a must but just curious on the wiring.
    wiring is the same you just have to extend some of the lines.

you don't have to extend anything, I didn't

Quote Originally Posted by OP-AMP View Post
    you don't have to extend anything, I didn't
    x2

I'm doing this swap right now and I had to extend the wires to the ect sensor. You'll also find it easier to swap the intake cam sensor from your k20a3.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information