Close

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Hasport sells the rear mount separately. I used the Hasport rear mount (75a i wanna say... its been a long time), ESMM's in the OEM front mount, and OEM left and right mounts.

As mentioned, the rear mount takes the majority of the abuse... the ESMM's in the front OEM mount work GREAT with the Hasport rear for taming the greater part of engine movement. Keeping the OEM left and right mounts help dampen a lot of vibration. You would be very pleased with the performance and save some coin in the process!
    Thanks ill do this set up then so esmm front and hasprt rear? what kind of hasport street/race? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Hasport sells the rear mount separately. I used the Hasport rear mount (75a i wanna say... its been a long time), ESMM's in the OEM front mount, and OEM left and right mounts.

As mentioned, the rear mount takes the majority of the abuse... the ESMM's in the front OEM mount work GREAT with the Hasport rear for taming the greater part of engine movement. Keeping the OEM left and right mounts help dampen a lot of vibration. You would be very pleased with the performance and save some coin in the process!
    haha great minds think alike! well sometimes lol im keeping everything stock and replace the rear mount only. already have window weld esmm front. im going 62a to keep vibrations at its minimum but i wonder if 75a just in the rear would make a difference.

Well the rear will soften a bit after use... 60's will be too soft IMO. If you were stickin with a k20 it wouldnt be a big deal... but with the TQ of the k24... i would go a little stiffer. I know mine was the step below solid... whatever that number is.

Also... greasing up the ESMM's with axle grease (where it inserts into the mount... just a little, not a lot) made them really nice too....

Do i reuse the belt tensioner from my ep or the one from the k24a2? Thanks guys. More questions coming as i buy parts to complete my swap.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar

Re: Common K24 questions answered

Use idler and tensioner off the a3

Quote Originally Posted by Euro-Yellow-Ep3 View Post
    Use idler and tensioner off the a3

cool thanks. Why cant we use the k24 one? my k24 ones that came with the engine look so freaken new lol.

I search but no luck. What bolt do i use to recure the flywheel to the k24? the stock ones from the a3 or do i have to buy a tsx or rsx specific ones since im using a rsx s clutch and flys. Thanks

re-use the stock ones from the a3

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    re-use the stock ones from the a3
    cool thanks diffetentk, more question to come as i buy more parts for this swap. This is by far the most fun project im doin on the ep since i did a jrsc street.

im going to ask you questions since im doing mine about 1 or 2 weeks from now

Quote Originally Posted by gtecd20 View Post
    im going to ask you questions since im doing mine about 1 or 2 weeks from now

No you gonna finish before me so ill be askin you ??'s hehehe. You got the motor already? K24@2?

Not yet i called your boy and he doesn't have any but he gave me. Lead to one in ny with 81k miles for 1300 so will call tomorrow try to get info on that engine. I am still a little lost on whats everything i need I see so many people get different parts so still researching a ton

Not yet i called your boy and he doesn't have any but he gave me. Lead to one in ny with 81k miles for 1300 so will call tomorrow try to get info on that engine. I am still a little lost on whats everything i need I see so many people get different parts so still researching a ton
    Just keep researchin men. Im also in the same boat as you and trying to get everything i need for the swap and learn as much as i can before i do it. So your ep is down right now? are you selling the jrsc or kepin it and boost the k24?

Thanks man yea it's down still turns on but I don't want to make it worst, might just sell it to help fund the swap. I am going to keep the Ep3 tranny
    So far I need a rear motor mount and crv mount what else is a must for swap to be completed?

Thanks man yea it's down still turns on but I don't want to make it worst, might just sell it to help fund the swap. I am going to keep the Ep3 tranny
    So far I need a rear motor mount and crv mount what else is a must for swap to be completed?

If your running a race header you need a em2 front swaybar. A kpro is a must for k24a2 ,You also need a karcept adapter so you can use your ep3 tb. Other than that everything should be reused from the a3 motor

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread Information