Close

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur View Post
    what size are the stock crv injectors?? and what size are the ep3 injectors?
    270CC

ephatch member
    great!

mad tight yo

How much hp can you expect with a k24a1/k20a2 turbo on stock internals. Also how much hp can it take before it blows.

Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    How much hp can you expect with a k24a1/k20a2 turbo on stock internals. Also how much hp can it take before it blows.
    I have heard the stock K24a1 will take 450whp. You can expect an easy 350whp and 300wtq on about 10-11lbs of boost depending on the size of the turbo you can get more or less.

I added anohter question regarding higher revs.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I have heard the stock K24a1 will take 450whp. You can expect an easy 350whp and 300wtq on about 10-11lbs of boost depending on the size of the turbo you can get more or less.
    oo wow. sounds pretty good. ive just been researching. ill be buying a k24a1 pretty soon and a k20a2 head. so i wanna see my options. turbo does sound good.

oo wow. sounds pretty good. ive just been researching. ill be buying a k24a1 pretty soon and a k20a2 head. so i wanna see my options. turbo does sound good.
    if you want to see a boosted k24/20 watch my vids on you tube channel = guardian702

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    if you want to see a boosted k24/20 watch my vids on you tube channel = guardian702
    oo yeh ive seen those to many times . Thats what making my decision, im leaning more towards boost, im thinking of getting the same exhaust, the Kteller 3".

was yours just stock internals?

oo yeh ive seen those to many times . Thats what making my decision, im leaning more towards boost, im thinking of getting the same exhaust, the Kteller 3".

was yours just stock internals?
    yeah k24a1 block , k20a2 head

mmmmmmmmmm K24

Car started first try, thanks for all the great info and keeping things going during the server issues. Rbc fits with no hood mods had to bend the support a bit though. I would say watching the hood close reminds me of 25 clowns getting into a mini cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Pizza View Post
    Car started first try, thanks for all the great info and keeping things going during the server issues. Rbc fits with no hood mods had to bend the support a bit though. I would say watching the hood close reminds me of 25 clowns getting into a mini cooper.
    Lol. Good to hear man.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I want to rev higher...if I put the a2 head on my k24 I can rev to 8k right?
    NO! The head is not the limiting factor on the k24s to keep them from revving high. The pistons are the limiting factor. When you rev too high the pistons no longer just move up and down...they begin to move eliptically and that is where you will see problems. The pistons in a k24 are moving faster @ 7k rpms than a s2000's pistons are moving @ 9k rpms. You don't need to rev high to make power in any of these motors. Unlike a k20 where you have to get up to 4k or 5k rpms before power is made, a k24 will make power from 2k all the way to redline. To sum it up if you must rev higher then you need forged pistons and rods and then top it off with a micropolished tsx(K24a2) crank.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you a little bit here. This may be true for the K24A1/A4, but I had stock bottom end K24A2 with upgraded valvetrain. I was revving it to 8500 rpm and it held up just fine, and it did this for probably 20,000+ miles. The motor did end up having trouble totally unrelated to the rev limit, and the rods have been pulled and there is no sign of damage to the rods or the bearings or the pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you a little bit here. This may be true for the K24A1/A4, but I had stock bottom end K24A2 with upgraded valvetrain. I was revving it to 8500 rpm and it held up just fine, and it did this for probably 20,000+ miles. The motor did end up having trouble totally unrelated to the rev limit, and the rods have been pulled and there is no sign of damage to the rods or the bearings or the pistons.
    Yes true it is geared a bit more towards the a1,a3,a4 but even on the k24a2 I wouldn't consider the head as the limiting factor to revving higher IMO. I'm also sure you didn't rag the shit out of your baby and rev it to 8500 all day long either. I'll edited the post. However I wouldn't reccomend most people revving their k24a2's to 8500.
    Last edited by davisj3537; 05-07-2008 at 07:03 AM.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information