Close

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    ephatch member
    ill build a big block, but where i live none has experience with k engines!! more info is welcome!!

hey davis,

add some information on :
    RBC clearance-Its already there
    k24a2 waterport mod-Its in there but no detailed info. I'll see what I can find.
    a2/z3 pump install-Just added sir. Good idea
    k20z3 heads on k24a-I guess I'm failing to see how this differs from an a2 head swap with the coolant port issue.
    transmission swaps-be more specific sir.
    Last edited by davisj3537; 05-07-2008 at 11:23 AM.

hey guardian, have you ever run your car NA at the track? (k24/k20) what kinda numbers do you see at the track. mid 14's?

Quote Originally Posted by clujalolo View Post
    hey guardian, have you ever run your car NA at the track? (k24/k20) what kinda numbers do you see at the track. mid 14's?
    no when i did the swap the turbo went right back on. when i sell my kit i will get it out to the track NA... with my slicks and bog

Ok well I just drove my swap home and got the famous overheat codes. I thought I burped it already but it took another half gallon when I got home. I ran the heat and I still don't get any heat.

Also I'm getting some pretty weird noises from the pulley area. It sounded like the idler but I can't really tell It's actually kind of scaring me. I'm gonna take the belt off and try to figure out which one is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    hey davis,

add some information on :
    RBC clearance-Its already there
    k24a2 waterport mod-Its in there but no detailed info. I'll see what I can find.
    a2/z3 pump install-Just added sir. Good idea
    k20z3 heads on k24a-I guess I'm failing to see how this differs from an a2 head swap with the coolant port issue.
    transmission swaps-be more specific sir.
    lol, maybe i should have read the post instead of just skimming through it.

trans- which would be ur personal choice . i.e.- 5spd for boost, 02-04 rsx-s for n/a, (but that might be for a diff diy?), which clutch /flywheel to buy (car specific),

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Pizza View Post
    Ok well I just drove my swap home and got the famous overheat codes. I thought I burped it already but it took another half gallon when I got home. I ran the heat and I still don't get any heat.

Also I'm getting some pretty weird noises from the pulley area. It sounded like the idler but I can't really tell It's actually kind of scaring me. I'm gonna take the belt off and try to figure out which one is the culprit.
    Jack up the front of the car as far as you can and then burp it

Quote Originally Posted by paulmofyourhand View Post
    lol, maybe i should have read the post instead of just skimming through it.

trans- which would be ur personal choice . i.e.- 5spd for boost, 02-04 rsx-s for n/a, (but that might be for a diff diy?), which clutch /flywheel to buy (car specific),
    Will do sir

One little item to note, if you use a Z3/K24A2 style head(coolant outlet on the end of the head rather than the side like the A2 and A3) requires you to use a matching headgasket(not by the block as is usually customary) and the installation of a coolant divertor.

They have significantly different headgaskets and resulting coolant flow.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

I added some clutch info and a how to burp the coolant system.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    One little item to note, if you use a Z3/K24A2 style head(coolant outlet on the end of the head rather than the side like the A2 and A3) requires you to use a matching headgasket(not by the block as is usually customary) and the installation of a coolant divertor.

They have significantly different headgaskets and resulting coolant flow.
    I see what you are saying about the head gasket. How about the coolant diverter...I'm afraid I lost you there.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I see what you are saying about the head gasket. How about the coolant diverter...I'm afraid I lost you there.
    Ah the little coolant divertor, it is also called a Partition Plate, It is placed into the cooling jacket right between the inlet from the waterpump and the #1 cylinder sleeve. It helps route coolant across the front of the cylinders where the A2 style engine overheats and causes block warpage on the #2 and #3 cylinders, even without any other signs of overheating, like temp #'s.

part#2 in this link http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/...s=&view=normal

Ah the little coolant divertor, it is also called a Partition Plate, It is placed into the cooling jacket right between the inlet from the waterpump and the #1 cylinder sleeve. It helps route coolant across the front of the cylinders where the A2 style engine overheats and causes block warpage on the #2 and #3 cylinders, even without any other signs of overheating, like temp #'s.

part#2 in this link http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/...s=&view=normal
    Ok I'll add it to the thread. Thanks Doug

I disassembled a S2k oil pump yesterday and it appears to have the same rotors as the Z3 pump. I couldnt actually check measurements, or do a side by side comparison, as the Z3 oil pump is all assembled and at my home shop, but they appear to be the same. Another positive for the Z3 pump.

I disassembled a S2k oil pump yesterday and it appears to have the same rotors as the Z3 pump. I couldnt actually check measurements, or do a side by side comparison, as the Z3 oil pump is all assembled and at my home shop, but they appear to be the same. Another positive for the Z3 pump.
    Really? Go z3 pump

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information