Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

DIY: SRS light reset

Here are some simple instructions on how to turn off the SRS light. The SRS light will stay on if you have the key in the "run" or "on" position & remove the wire under the seat or mess w/ any of the SRS components. When the light is on, there is a problem w/ one or more of the SRS components & the system is disabled. If after these instructions the light still comes on, have your vehicle checked immediately @ your local dealer. You may need to do this more than once, be patient, it's not very hard. Remember, your dealership will charge you to turn off the SRS light

***This works on all 02-05 EP3 & 01-05 ES1/EM. May work on other generations of Civic's & Acura's also.***
    Here we go:

Here is the under dash panel, located directly under the steering column. Remove it.

This is the under dash fuse panel. It's just to the right of the steering shaft behind the center console.

Here is the YELLOW SRS service connector located on the fuse panel.

Unplug the YELLOW SRS service connector.

All you need is a paper clip, bend it in 1/2 & insert it into the YELLOW SRS service connector(not the actual fuse panel).

1- W/ the igniton switch "off", insert the paper clip ito the connector

2- Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.

3- The SRS light will come on for 6sec & then turn off. Remove the paperclip w/in 4sec of the SRS light turning off.

4- The SRS light will turn on again. Re-connect the paperclip w/in 4sec of the SRS light turning on.

5- The SRS light will turn off. Remove the paperclip w/in 4sec.

6- The SRS light indicates that the memory is erased by blinking twice.

7- Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position, wait for 10-seconds & it's done.

***Be sure to put the service connector back on the fuse panel, don't just leave it hanging***
    Last edited by SiR R8TD; 04-13-2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: formatted thread title

kool i need this! nice write up

ephatch member
    i need to reset mine. ever since I removed my passenger seat for track, I never reseted the SRS. that was almost a year and a half ago. thanks for the write up. will do tomorrow with the MTF replacement I have planned.

nice! used this writeup a few times before ephatch had the earthquake..

btw, there's another yellow plug under the dash on the "left side"... don't use that one.. (i was confused and tried to reset that one for like 30 mins til i realized it was the wrong one... duh! lol)

Quote Originally Posted by skoo74 View Post
    nice! used this writeup a few times before ephatch had the earthquake..

btw, there's another yellow plug under the dash on the "left side"... don't use that one.. (i was confused and tried to reset that one for like 30 mins til i realized it was the wrong one... duh! lol)
    Yeah the SRS one has a wire coming out of it. Looks like a phone line almost.

6-All you need is a paper clip, bend it in 1/2 & insert it into the YELLOW SRS service connector(not the actual fuse panel).

by that do you mean the yellow connector when it's hanging free or the box it was plugged into? I'm confused on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post

by that do you mean the yellow connector when it's hanging free or the box it was plugged into? I'm confused on that one.
    There is a slot for the srs plug(yellow connector) in the fuse box. Pull it out and do the srs reset and then you can slide it back into the slot when done.

very cool, might have to try this because i have an aftermarket steering wheel =)

I want to do this but man I dunno. I installed my component amp under the seat and accidentally unplugged the yellow cable. I may have honda do it, but I will wait till tomorrow to see if they want too much then I will try this. I am just worried I might fire a bag or some thing.

Cool Will This Work On Other Hondas?

Sup guyz,

The write up is nice!
    I tried to do something similar like this but not exactly the same steps for my ES1 (02 LX) and I failed. Do you think this method will work on my ES1 since it's a Honda as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 1SickEP View Post
    Sup guyz,

The write up is nice!
    I tried to do something similar like this but not exactly the same steps for my ES1 (02 LX) and I failed. Do you think this method will work on my ES1 since it's a Honda as well?

yes, this worked on my 05' ES1 sedan also

subscribed!

Thanks!

This worked perfectly on my '02 SiR.

Quote Originally Posted by RJEP View Post
    i need to reset mine. ever since I removed my passenger seat for track
    same here, thanks for the info guys!!!!!!!!!! (one more light off 2 to go.)

Suggestion

Thank you! I am new to the EP3 world, and just acquired an 02 fixer upper.

1 item down... a million to go.

I do have a suggestion, I found it hard to insert and take out the paper clip fast enough so I did the following :

- I used 2 paper clips straighted out, one in each contact.
    -When ever I wanted to (Insert) the paper clip, as per the instructions, I just squeezed the paper clips to complete the link.

_when ever I needed to (remove) the paper clip, I just separated both paper clips from each other.

Again, thanks, and hope this helps.

Roberto

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information