Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Well, no more skunk2 cams. I'm sad to see them go but the K2's should do the job

ephatch member
    nice..

kon: what head are you using?

does IPS or BP have cams for the a1 or a3 head?

bump for KON....pm chunky about his tensioner....he has a custom one he has designed and has been selling and using on his built beast. he has skunk2 stage II cams and NO issues what-so-ever. he is makin around 240whp n/a on a 2.0L

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmd View Post
    bump for KON....pm chunky about his tensioner....he has a custom one he has designed and has been selling and using on his built beast. he has skunk2 stage II cams and NO issues what-so-ever. he is makin around 240whp n/a on a 2.0L
    I was using his tensioner for about 3K miles before I realized the failure...lol. Its a good design and I actually spoke to him on Tuesday about it. There is no guarantee that it will work 100%, however, and I'm done playing the fix it games...you know. Honestly, I love skunk2, they make great power and unbeatable customer service, but I can't afford anymore down time or repair costs. I had an oppertunity to get K2's for a good price and I jumped on it. At least now, my worries are minimal.

Plus, when using skunk2 cams, chunky recomended to retard the part throttle map to 0 advance. This almost defeats the purpose of having cams.
    Last edited by kon; 04-25-2008 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    kon: what head are you using?

does IPS or BP have cams for the a1 or a3 head?
    Not to my knowledge. The only companies that make cams for the A3 style head are skunk2, crower (I believe). I've been out of that game for a while though so maybe someone else can enlighten us.

quick update: its done!!! We got the block together and swapped it back into the ep3. She turned over and from what I understand, she sounds good. Time to go break in the motor and do a little street tuning Assuming all goes well, we'll have some dyno numbers tomorrow. Stay tuned.

On a side note, I bought a replacement clutch disk (exedy stage 2 disc) but the old one was barely used. I drove the car for a whole year, and I was not easy on her, and there's still another 2 years left from my calculations. Looks like I got a spare disk.

this is the EXACT build im planning on doing. im looking for a k24a1 shortblock right now. Hopefully start the build in the summer.

Get some vids up of interior and outside. I wanna see this thing perform

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    I Cant Wait to See Those Numbers Kon..............

Its finally tuned. I'll have the dyno graph posted as soon as I install stupid scan tools on my PC. The peak numbers are 250whp and 195wtq, we had to retard timing for safety so the last run is a little short. I'm very happy with the results though...much better powerband then before. Now to fix the FUCKIN OIL LEAK!!!!!

Very Nice

MaNtEQuiLLA/K-SQUADD ALL MotoR Ep3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kon View Post
    Its finally tuned. I'll have the dyno graph posted as soon as I install stupid scan tools on my PC. The peak numbers are 250whp and 195wtq, we had to retard timing for safety so the last run is a little short. I'm very happy with the results though...much better powerband then before. Now to fix the FUCKIN OIL LEAK!!!!!
    Go0od Numbers My Boy.........Keep Up The Go0od WorK..

Quote Originally Posted by kon View Post
    WOOT!

very nice...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information