Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: k24a1 map.

k24a1 map.

Ok so since my turbo is shot and i don't have the money for a new one at this time i have to take the motor back to n/a. I was going to run the stock a3 map. Anything i need to do i.e. add fuel, spark, ect? I'm running rc550's so i know i need to add that in on kpro. anything else i need or may have missed?

How do you know your turbo is shot? Did you try the rebuild kit I told you about? If you want you can send the turbo to me and I'll rebuild it for you just pay for parts and shipping.

ephatch member
    what plugs are you using. I think some people use the 310's and add about 15% of fuel to the a3 map

I wish my computer hadn't crashed, I could have given you a decent k24a1 map. You should be able to start off on the a3 map. If you want, send me some datalogs and we can get cracking again.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Of course start by changing your injector size
    Oops wrong map. Check these out.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...360#post520360
    Last edited by davisj3537; 04-24-2008 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Pizza View Post
    How do you know your turbo is shot? Did you try the rebuild kit I told you about? If you want you can send the turbo to me and I'll rebuild it for you just pay for parts and shipping.
    I started the rebuild by tearing it down and when i got it apart the exducer wheel was melted all around the the fins were chewed up to hell. The inducer wheel had started to touch the housing and reshaped the fins. I need a whole new turbo or need to this one rebuilt. I don't have the money at this time to fix it so i have to go n/a untill i have the funds to get it back up and running. Greddy wanted 2 grand for a new t517z and that's not gunna happen. I want to get a gt28rs but i don't have enough money for it and a retune. So a new t517z is my best bet at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by PAPITUYO326 View Post
    I wish my computer hadn't crashed, I could have given you a decent k24a1 map. You should be able to start off on the a3 map. If you want, send me some datalogs and we can get cracking again.
    I will start with the map that davisj3537 posted and i will post up the data logs later today. That's guys for all your help.

hey davisj3537, i saw on the map you posted it say i/rh/e/ stage1 cams. I only have a cai and exhaust, no cams. will this map work?

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    hey davisj3537, i saw on the map you posted it say i/rh/e/ stage1 cams. I only have a cai and exhaust, no cams. will this map work?
    Sorry about that I posted the wrong one sir...let me get you another one.

Thanks man. I hope i have the car running before i have to leave for work in about an hour. I think it's gunna rain and i don't wanna take my bike.
    Last edited by clutch797; 04-24-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks man. I hope i have the car running before i have to leave for work. I think it's gunna rain and i don't wanna take my bike.
    I fixed my original post with a link to two maps.

I started the rebuild by tearing it down and when i got it apart the exducer wheel was melted all around the the fins were chewed up to hell. The inducer wheel had started to touch the housing and reshaped the fins. I need a whole new turbo or need to this one rebuilt. I don't have the money at this time to fix it so i have to go n/a untill i have the funds to get it back up and running. Greddy wanted 2 grand for a new t517z and that's not gunna happen. I want to get a gt28rs but i don't have enough money for it and a retune. So a new t517z is my best bet at this time.
    Dude a retune from jason on almost the same turbo wont even take an hour...plus you can get a gt28 for less than a grand. You can even run on the gt28 for a while w/o a retune since it is soo close to the turbo you already have...plus I really feel like your turbo took a shit cuz you are making too much power for t517z.

i only put 2000 miles on the turbo since i got it. i traded it from coldchillen* spelling and he told me it had 25k on it. so i doubt i did any damage to it. i guess i will get a gt28 if it's that much better.

OMG, it feels soooooo slow. Anyways, here is the data log with the base tune. Another odd thing happened. Now that i'm back to n/a my oil pressure gauge is showing that i'm only pushing 25-30psi all the time. When the turbo was on i was running 80-90psi all the time except at idle. What could this be? it's electric. I have a "t" fitting with the oil pressure gauge sending unit and oil pressure switch hooked up.
    Last edited by clutch797; 05-01-2008 at 02:38 PM.

OMG, it feels soooooo slow. Anyways, here is the data log with the base tune. Another odd thing happened. Now that i'm back to n/a my oil pressure gauge is showing that i'm only pushing 25-30psi all the time. When the turbo was on i was running 80-90psi all the time except at idle. What could this be? it's electric. I have a "t" fitting with the oil pressure gauge sending unit and oil pressure switch hooked up.
    is the oil pressure reducer that was attached to the turbo still installed on the block?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information