Close

Compression test...

So i talked to some guys a week or 2 ago about my piston rings and doing a compression test. Well i did the compression test, the numbers were consistant. 180 psi for the first 2 cylinders and 183 for the 3rd and 185 for the 4th cylinder. Now, since all that is good, it means my piston rings arent fried correct? And i just thaught of another reason, i hallowed out my cat, its got a very small exhaust leak and thats when i smell the oil, and i drive my car pretty hard, do u think this may be why i go through oil a little more than normal?

Your comp sounds good but did you do a leak down test? If your burning oil it might be your valve seals. Do a leak down test and see what it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch797 View Post
    Your comp sounds good but did you do a leak down test? If your burning oil it might be your valve seals. Do a leak down test and see what it shows.
    Alright, im pretty mechanically inclined, i do all my own work on my car, but, people have been telling me to do this leak down test, i understand it is to see if im leaking oil anywhere, correct?. But how do u do it?

wow, thanx, that def helped a lot, i know what ill be doing tomorrow then, thanx a lot for the help!.

Thread Information